• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FN2 Ideas for camera + screen

All,

Ive decided to treat myself to a satnav system (with bluetooth) and install a reverse camera for my 09 CTR
However I refuse to pay £1800+! to honda to install the satnav package as the figure is too high for me.

* So upgrading to the Iphone 3GS in a month will sort out the nav side of things (but I cant seem to find a decent car holder/cradle to hard wire)

* As for the camera Im thinking along the line of one of those mirror/reverse screens that also have bluetooth (cant find a decent looking one yet)

Any suggestions? warnings? do's & don'ts?
Dont be shy
icon_redface.gif

Check this out
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1072-EONON-10-...3A1%7C294%3A50
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/7-Rear-View-Mi...ayphotohosting

Cheers

*Massive........
only a few centimeters larger than oem mirror

*Ugly.............
maybe you are right

*Not worth expense..............
have you got a more cost effective solution for a rearview camera because I need to get one ASAP

Cheers

*Massive........
only a few centimeters larger than oem mirror

*Ugly.............
maybe you are right

*Not worth expense..............
have you got a more cost effective solution for a rearview camera because I need to get one ASAP

Cheers

First suggestion - retake your driving test and learn how to park! How on earth did we manage before parking sensors and reversing cameras??!!! :roll:

You dont need a rear view camera or parking sensors on an FN2. Its a hot hatch not the SS Titanic.
Go and look at an FN2 with the Satnav installed, I'll agree its expensive, but I wouldnt be without mine!

Haha I know its not the titanic lol but its much harder to park compared to a golf........
But I frankly cant justify spending 10% of the car's value on something that probably wont cost me £400 all together
When you say have a look at a FN2 with Satnav does that mean you agree its a good option to have?

Ah right sorry, I mis-read your first post. I thought you were thinking about buying one, but you already have it!
Yep I ordered mine new and I wasnt wanting to spend the £1800 (well it was 2800 euro in Germany!) for the satnav. But the one I test drove had it installed, and I was pretty impressed. So I thought sod it and added it to the list. In for a penny, in for a pound and all that. I'm a whore for buttons, lights & flashy things! :)

Neily03 has an FN2 with rear parking sensors, I dont know whether he rates them or not...
I dont find parking a problem personally. In fact I use the wing mirrors more than I do the rear view mirror when I reverse park. I usually pick out a reference point at the side of the car and judge my distance based on that reference point.

I don't think it's any harder to park than any other car, the reversing sensors can help a little but I don't rely on them, plus they're not very loud as the speaker is in the boot... :roll:

I don't think it's any harder to park than any other car, the reversing sensors can help a little but I don't rely on them, plus they're not very loud as the speaker is in the boot... :roll:

:lol: That's sh*t.

I have been contemplating seeing I can move it somewhere else, maybe under the rear seats...

I tried reversing Sandra's TDI into our garage and the bloody parking sensors went mental. It's easier without them.

They're pointless if you're reversing down the side of something, I park next to a fence at home and they go mental as soon as I put it in reverse....

Fair enough I agree sensors aren't worth the money, but I'm after a camera and mirror with split screen monitor which provides excellent visibility
The last thing I want is to scratch my precious especially with tight parking spaces (parallel parking) here in the uk

Back