• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FN2 Idle keeps changing?

Hello, this is my first post so go easy if it's a stupid question :lol:

Just bought my black FN2 GT on Friday and noticed that when I first switch the engine on it can idle at 1000 rpm the on wet cold days sometimes at 2000 rpm and everywhere in the middle was wondering if this was common with these cars, another thing I've noticed when I went to the shop this morning it was very humid outside and I was pulling away I wasn't going over 4000rpm but in 2nd and 3rd gear my car was juddering asif I was pressing the accelerator then taking it off again, no warning came up on the dash but still worried as this car is my pride and joy, it was last serviced at 43k and hasn't been done since (it now has 68k) I've booked it in for service And get my engine flushed etc but any help would be appreciated especially on what else I should do like a timing belt change etc

thanks again!

mine was the same and I think its pretty common when cold it jumps all over the place on idle and if you drive straight away its a bit jumpy I used to let it tick over for about a minute before pulling off and was loads better this problem stopped completely after remap though

Thanks for the quick reply Dave, I'll keep that in mind mate and let it tick over like you've said, just got the car so enjoying it as it is at the miniute but remapping is definitly something I will be thinking doing soon, cheers again bud

it should idle at around 2k rpm for a minute or so when you first turn it on, this is the Auto choke!

Back