• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Idle lumpy

Just got this problem this morning and tonight on way home.

Car sits on choke from cold at 1,600 rpm then takes a while to come off once warm was siting at 1,000rpm.

Now on my way to work this morning every time I dipped the clutch at lights and stuff revs dropped to 500 rpm and sometimes would not pick up at all and die on me would restart fine but revs very poor apart from that drives good can't think as to what could cause this so any help would be great.

List of mods should this be of any help as far as I am aware are full stainless steel exhaust with de-cat pipe unknown make was fine when I picked the car up nearly a month ago so any help please guys and girls thank you

As I only live a few miles from work I take it for a good 30 min blast and it was doing it before only slightly but worse today for some reason may look into the (ICV)

Thanks hippy43 I will look into this if cleaning the (ICV) first dose not work then I will look into this thanks for that will update once I have had chance to look at it but any more suggestion welcome

Took car out for long drive yesterday all seems to be well now thanks to those who gave suggestion I will need them if it goes like this again thank you people

I get the same problem but only drops to 500rpm then goes back to 800rpm in a split second. I find hitting the v-tec sorts the problem out till i next drive the car lolz. Thanks for the link to clean the ICV will be trying that later this week :)

Hi all i know it's been a few weeks since i last posted on here but finaly had a chance to look at my idle control valve well where do i start.

I took my car to a mechanic friend of mine today who opend the bonnet to have a look at the idle control valve he put his hand straight on it and said to me this is a bit loose on futher inspection he found that some one had try to clean this before but obviosluy forgot to put it all back on propley it also missing the rubber seal that goes inside.

I do not wish to pay honda for a brand new one so my dilemma is now where can i get a new idle control valve from with out braking the bank and dose any know where i could get one from A.S.A.P as this issue is driving me bonkers now many thanks to those who have advised on what the problem was nice one guys and girls just need any help now to find me a new I.C.V

Scrap yards
Someone who's breaking their car
eBay

Loads of idiots writing ep3's off at present so not normally too difficult finding parts

Thanks shaenei I find the scrap yards round my way seem a bit low on type r and I have looked on e-bay and could not find one but I will take your advice and maybe have some luck at the scrappy who know than you

Hello people I have been speaking to my mechanic today he has ordered me a new I.C.V he explained to me that when he spoke to Honda that they said it has got a hose Attached to it.

Is this true if so where dose this connect to as mine dose not seem to have one connected altogether.

Any help please I hope to have this changed on Friday but just need some more advice first thank you

Back