• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Idle running problem

This has probably been asked before .... My cars idle is running up and down constantly between 800 rpm then up to 2000rpm. Can anyone point me in the right direction.

I presume you have an EP3?

Usually the IACV, you can either clean it out as it gets full of crap or warm the car up fully and give it the beans to clear it out. They tend to do this after being left stood for a while, (Some even after a couple of days) when mine wasn't being used it would do this but once warm a good blow out would solve the problem for me.

You could get a diagnostic done to be on the safe side but it's usually something to do with the above.

I presume you have an EP3?

Usually the IACV, you can either clean it out as it gets full of crap or warm the car up fully and give it the beans to clear it out. They tend to do this after being left stood for a while, (Some even after a couple of days) when mine wasn't being used it would do this but once warm a good blow out would solve the problem for me.

You could get a diagnostic done to be on the safe side but it's usually something to do with the above.

No my car is a FN2, I also resently had a supercharger fitted to it. Am I correct in thinking the FN2 doesn't have a IACV .... I have today fitted a New throttle body I had for Tegiwa Imports

Still having the same problem... runs for a about a 1min then the revs start up and down. Can the air assist value cause any problems, as Ive seen you can delete it completely..

Any info would be helpful as i'm running out of ideas :(

I had the same problem about 16 months ago I changed throttle body thinking it was that but it was still the same in the end took it to Honda ecu was the problem

When you change the throttle body on an intake/engine it can have huge effects on the fuel and injection mapping, if it is even microscopically different.

I would guess in the case of the FN2 Honda need to tweak something in fuel and ignition mapping to stop the engine hunting between map points, and I think it can be especially bad with DBW systems.

I had the same problem about 16 months ago I changed throttle body thinking it was that but it was still the same in the end took it to Honda ecu was the problem
When you say the ECU was the problem, do you know what they did to correct it ??? . As I have a flashpro, was wondering if there was a base map to reset all to normal ???

I'm trying to fix these problem as well, start the engine was at 1500 rpm and soon rise up to 2000 rpm and was hunting, check and IACV plug had damaged, bough other loom along with other TB with all sensors, just fitted the new loom but not the Tb yet :-(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

they fitted a second hand one programed it and all was ok so I got a new one fitted all was well then

If I swap that with other kpro ecu with a map on it, would that be any help? Or with a kpro programme link and adjust anything to make it smooth?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just thinking, purely from an engine mapping point of view (because I know so little about Honda specifically) could there be an issue with these replacement TB's affecting the MAP Sensor?

Also I think when you get a Kpro there's software that you can use to modify the maps, or at least see the tables and see if theres any spikes..?

https://www.hondata.com/kpro-help

But I'm not sure if Honda will touch a chipped ECU.

Well I've found the problem with mine at last.....The supercharger has a support bracket on the bottom of it.. The bolts holding the bracket to the supercharger has worked its way out. So there's know a screw hole in the casing which is letting the air in.... causing the idle issue. .......... Moral of story make sure you tighten your bolts up :)

Back