• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

idle speed

Hi all, I've just had the valve clearences and front engine mount bushes done, and a full service by the good ads at Tdi north. But the idle speed has dropped just below 1000 rpm causing a vibration when static, any ideas how this can be resolved.

When they changed the engine mount bushes did they upgrade them, like engine mount inserts? Because these can cause more vibration than normal but it's not an issue.

Otherwise contact them, they are good guys and will have it straight back in to check it.

Yes mate, they put the stronger inserts in and two have told me that's what the vibration is.

Normal warm idle is 800 rpm unless you've got a custom map and it's set different. I had it set at 1,000 on my FN2 because of mounts and oil pumps etc.

It'll be fine if your fillings stay in your mouth!

In all seriousness, the mounts will soften a little over the next month or so plus you'll get used to it. ;)

Back