• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Idling revs

OK, so I've just had my timing chain changed as my car would run for a few seconds then cut out, car was sitting for a week before it was finally changed and the battery went flat.
The cars running fine now, apart from the revs while stationary are at 3000rpm and other times it's at 3000rpm then drops to 2000rpm then back up, then back down again. This happens repeatedly within a 4 or 5 second cycle. Anybody have any ideas of what this could be? I'm wondering if it could be to to do with the electrics as the battery ran flat. The only other thing that's been done is an oil change, new hamp oil filter and a set of NGK laser iridium spark plugs. Any help would be appreciated.

It's your IACV most likely. Google k20 IACV cleaning and you'll find a few guides. Alternatively, blast through 2nd & 3rd gear up near the limiter, this usually clears it's throat for a while but it'll come back in time.

Cheers mate I've not gave it any revs since it's been done so I'll give that a try and if it sorts it out, I know to give it a clean.

Back