• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Ignorant Question Time!!!

yay.

So I picked up a 2001 Acura CL Type S the other day and was curious did Honda put a J32A2 into any cars over there?
I know it's basically Inspire coupe which i think had a J32A1, but those made around 35hp less.

Nothing wrong with the car, but if i wreck it I'll have a reason to j-swap my civic.

pic related.

Asking price $5000, paid $2500 .... maintenance light came on during test drive and he thought it was a CEL, I decided not to argue with him, but did mention it could be a costly repair.

3022585858_58c90d19eb_o.jpg

The only V6 Honda engine's we get/got over here are the C series in the NSX :)

What kind of figures are we talking for J series? I guess they'll be less aggressive than C series?

J32A2 output 260 hp (194 kW) @ 6200 rpm and 232 lb·ft (315 N·m) @ 3500-5500 rpm.
A more aggressive camshaft, more free flowing intake/exhaust, and a 2-stage intake manifold all result in a 35 hp (26 kW) increase over the J32A1.

I'm not sure on the specs of a C series, I know the J series was the replacement for the C series.

Accords got a J series in 1998 and then other models over the years. current models with a J series, are Accord, Pilot, Ridgeline, RL, ZDX, Accord Crosstour, I'm sure I'm forgetting some.

If all else fails www.honda.com and www.acura.com

It really sucks we haven't had a civic hatch since 2005

Last edited by a moderator:
The only V6 Honda engine's we get/got over here are the C series in the NSX :)

What kind of figures are we talking for J series? I guess they'll be less aggressive than C series?

We got a V6 in the Legend old and new shape and the Accord Coupe from the late 90s, early '00s.

No idea what series engines they were though.

The Legend is nice, well spec'd and rare on the roads too. I dont think ive ever seen one of that shape. The thing that puts me off is the wooden interior :(

The Accord is alright, there's something NSXish going on with the back end but it has that generic late 90's bland interior

Interior was disgusting, but I found a wrecked 01 type s with 32k miles on it and bought the interior minus the front seats for $50

I found this under the center console
1002993.jpg

Then I yanked the seats, carpet, headliner, dash, and cleaned everything.

1002989.jpg

1002994a.jpg

Carpet pulled
o8f390.jpg

floor was covered in sticky dried soda
2ykjj0z.jpg

Old shifter assembly and the new one
20gmf6x.jpg

What came off the floor, under the carpet

34jf3me.jpg

After a thorough cleaning and disinfectant spray

2wqejhy.jpg