• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Im going to bite the bullet!!!

After months and months of contemplating which exhaust to get.........Im going to order the spoon cat back system which consists the spoon b pipe and spoon n1 backbox as you all know. Im going to order it from tokyo express- im hoping its going to come to approx. £650-£700 for the items delivered to my home place or am I being a bit naive.

If you know of a cheaper place to purchase these from....could you let me know? Also has anyone bought from these guys before, they say there based in cornwall so I suppose thats a plus point.

oh and I have ear muffs on order :smt047

Thanks guys

buk

well just had my quote back from tokyo express and they said spoon have raised their prises 4 times so it is now £342 plus vat - n1 and £ 495 plus vat b pipe.......thats a fair bit!!!! what do I do now :-({|= £1000 odd pound

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the only way you're going to get one cheaper, is if you get a second hand one. They tend to go very quickly though.

If I had £1000 notes I may go for another exhaust, but thats just me.

Spoon is very good.

It shouldn't be too loud as you still have the OEM mani, if you cahnge the mani things will get very loud as Dotty can testify.

If I had £1000 notes I may go for another exhaust, but thats just me.

Spoon is very good.

It shouldn't be too loud as you still have the OEM mani, if you cahnge the mani things will get very loud as Dotty can testify.

Yes I know what you mean, I can buy a piper mani decat and system for £800 so Im tempted, people highly rate them, Im not sure if Ill need a remap to go with the mani???? thinking it might run lumpy????

Im not sure if Ill need a remap to go with the mani???? thinking it might run lumpy????

The only danger of running such a free flowing system is that the engine may lean.

To get the best out of your new piece of kit a remap is the best.

yes mate thought so. I think ill buy a piper cat back for the time being not sure what tail pipe tho 3.5 inrolled or the 6 x 4 oval and see where I go from there! thanks for the help fella

What are your intentions?

If you are going to get a manifold (of any sort) and run it with a spoon system/buddyclub/DC sports) be warned it will be V loud. I liked it at first but then I took it on the motorway, with a passenger and it was fecking annoying if the truth be told!

I now have the Fujitsubo RM-01A on with my race header and it is a happy medium, I can pootle about town without people looking but should I feel the need to stomp my foot down on a b-road, then the tone changes significantly.

I would not go with piper (personally) but if you are then have a look here and save some coin

http://civictype-r.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=124&t=191637

I would also invest in Kpro before fitting a manifold as you will run lean 100%

Cheers for that dotty, your spot on what you say mate, tbh I dont know my own intentions. I just want a decent sounding exhaust for the best price. Would love to get a spoon system but its the price and hassle to import it, thought of piper because it sounds quite nice and main thing cheap, I also love the dc sports cat back, sounds fantastic but It looks like it sticks out to far at the rear for my liking, then as you said if i want a mani il have to choose wisely to what exhaust it will be mated to and remap needed. Il leave it for a few months again and ill be back in the same predicament (on my soapbox) complaining to you all again. Thanks for your help

feck it dc sports cat back from the states for £353 not sure on postage but Im gonna go for it!!!!!

There is a guy looking to sell his one on here.. he is only in Gloucester so not far - good exhausts by all accounts.

http://type-r-owners.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=61868

Oh right cheers dot, sounds good but Im in wales and he's in England some where, and just incase I buy it and something is wrong with it.......Im not calling him a con artist!!!!! Id feel safer if I was to buy a new one which there could still be a problem with it but I could claim something back. cheers fella

Oh right cheers dot, sounds good but Im in wales and he's in England some where, and just incase I buy it and something is wrong with it.......Im not calling him a con artist!!!!! Id feel safer if I was to buy a new one which there could still be a problem with it but I could claim something back. cheers fella

Only Gloucester a quick squirt over the M4..

I'm not an exhaust expert but the dc sports seem like decent pieces of kit and you can save a lot of ££ buying second hand, my RM01a cat back second hand for a little under £300 was one of my best purchases, they currently retail at £1000 and at the time were £800+.

Check the condition and get a good deal, if in 6 months or a year it breaks either repair for less than the money you saved or sell on to someone who will and get something else?

In the end though, your money and I get why you'd look at new as favourable.

I'm not an exhaust expert but the dc sports seem like decent pieces of kit and you can save a lot of ££ buying second hand, my RM01a cat back second hand for a little under £300 was one of my best purchases, they currently retail at £1000 and at the time were £800+.

Check the condition and get a good deal, if in 6 months or a year it breaks either repair for less than the money you saved or sell on to someone who will and get something else?

In the end though, your money and I get why you'd look at new as favourable.

Yes mate thats a real bargain you had there, the rmo1a are the dogs dangly's and for that prise you can't go wrong. yes you do make sense
with the money saving. Ive e-mailed BRINK the seller so waiting for a reply..... fancy selling your fujitsubo for say £250 ;) lol only kiddin fella

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes mate thats a real bargain you had there, the rmo1a are the dogs dangly's and for that prise you can't go wrong. yes you do make sense
with the money saving. Ive e-mailed BRINK the seller so waiting for a reply..... fancy selling your fujitsubo for say £250 ;) lol only kiddin fella

Nefor has a DC5, wont fit ;)

fancy selling your fujitsubo for say £250 ;) lol only kiddin fella

ha ha :). It is a great Exhaust. As Dotty said, it wouldn't fit anyway but regardless I don't plan on selling!! Would miss the noise it makes in vtec and when you change gear :twisted:

If you miss out on the DC keep an eye out in the classifieds here and on CTRO as exhausts come up for sale quite regularly.

ha ha :). It is a great Exhaust. As Dotty said, it wouldn't fit anyway but regardless I don't plan on selling!! Would miss the noise it makes in vtec and when you change gear :twisted:

If you miss out on the DC keep an eye out in the classifieds here and on CTRO as exhausts come up for sale quite regularly.

I always thought you had a kaki regu?

Back