• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FD2 Importing FD2

Ive been doing some research on importing the new JDM FD2 ctr. I think the total cost should be under £19,000. Ive sourced an importer but need to make sure that there are no other costs, as far as I can tell this is the break down of the import:
Car cost £14,000
Shipping £ 500
Duty £ 1400
Vat (Bastards) £ 2450
Reg £ 40
SVA prep £ 300
SVA test £ 180
UK Plates £ 30
MOT £ 40
total £18940

Has anyone imported a vehicle on their own? Is this the correct procedure or have I missed anything out?

It seems a bit of a bargain compered to the £23,000 which Lichfield are quoting for the car!

Is it something to do with the model report which is required for the SVA?

Currently a model report for the FD2 doesn't exist until someone pays for it. Then who ever does that will own the model report and you can't use it without their permission. i.e. they will want payment for it.

There is only £10 difference for the SVA with or without the model report from what I can tell!

Seems like you've covered all angles. Iain Litchfield has got a demo at his showroom so he's obviously got it through SVA. Being a customer off Iain's I can honestly say that he doesn't shoot for huge profit margins on the cars he sells.

Seems like you've covered all angles. Iain Litchfield has got a demo at his showroom so he's obviously got it through SVA. Being a customer off Iain's I can honestly say that he doesn't shoot for huge profit margins on the cars he sells.
I would agree. Got my DC5 from him and he's a great bloke imho :cool:

Back