• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

ImportR's 2005 NHB: picture blog

Nice one mate, that intake has got a hell of a bend though, would have thought it would be a tad restrictive that way. Nice mats too but agreed that they are a different shade to the DC5 seats.

Nice one mate, that intake has got a hell of a bend though, would have thought it would be a tad restrictive that way. Nice mats too but agreed that they are a different shade to the DC5 seats.

heh - yeah the pic makes it look worse than it is. The pipe is bent around in a total U shape, but it hasn't lost any of its diameter.

Very nice, what happened to that Evo?

Piston slipped bearing and/or snapped con rod bolts. I heard a load of metallic tinkling as I limped it home on 3 cylinders! :eek:

Probably caused by the previous owner upping the boost and not strengthening the bottom end. :rolleyes: The boost controller was removed before I bought the car...

I still miss the out and out pace of that thing :(

Did a bit of an ICE upgrade recently. Desperately missed driving with my iPod music and decided to junk the old speakers too.

Went for an Alpine X-301RR, Alpine SPG coaxials and Alpine components up front.

7453a71a.jpg

Unfortunately the new stereo doesn't seem to have a clock! So I had to stick on that 'orrible thing. :lol:

c53c6074.jpg

515fca14.jpg

4d55f7ca.jpg

3fbca6cd.jpg

After 8-9 months in the wilderness (due to a new baby), i finally got around to fitting a replacement Momo wheel from a Prem (or 30AE).
My existing one was getting a bit shiny, and i hate shiny rimmage!

Anyway, this rim has one piece of leather which feels more textured and obviously newer. A bit of a pointless mod to some, but i like it.

DSCF1285.jpg

Need to sort out some proper mods, like a catback system and suspension drop asap now!

Nice but is it just me or is the Prem/30AE Momo wheel NOT actually leather? The normal leather wheels is genuine because the stitching goes all the way around the inside of the rim. The Prem/30AE one just goes over the top and bottom and not the spoke bit as per your pic above.

I'm convinced that it's actually plastic but with red stitching made to look like leather. It doesn't feel very leather like either IMO. I have a Prem so I'm not complaining, just an observation.

i think its you mate! :D

This one had a scuff on the side, and it is definately leather. The stitching appears to be of a better quality, as does the moulding around the spokes.

I've had a Polyurethane wheel (OMP) in the past, and where that looked like leather, it smelled plasticky.

Great work on the steering wheel.

Makes the world of difference :) .

i think its you mate! :D

This one had a scuff on the side, and it is definately leather. The stitching appears to be of a better quality, as does the moulding around the spokes.

I've had a Polyurethane wheel (OMP) in the past, and where that looked like leather, it smelled plasticky.

Fair enough, I only suspected because it seems impossible to mould the leather around the spokes without stitching it together.

Seems like I have neglected my car (mod wise) for a few months, due to other interests. Now I have this little mod and my Rota's going on soon! Yay! Just need one more mod to make it happen in 3's!

So after looking around for a decent gearknob (wanting a Skunk2), I got this from a member on the other forum.
A 400g stainless & grooved knob. Adds a bit of assistance in getting it in (!) and the grooves aid grip when I'm shifting fast.
Overall very pleased with the product. Better finish than OEM :D

DSCF2176.jpg

DSCF2174.jpg

DSCF2175.jpg

Oh yeah, sometime last summer i put this in aswell: a copy of the J's racing strut brace. Need to find a fitted picture to post up...

S5000852.jpg

Back