• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Improved handling modifications advice

Front negative camber is the most important thing on these cars IMO, Get some front camber bolts and get them set to at least -1.5 degrees and 0.0 toe or some toe out on the front will liven it up too.
This, but caster angle is also a massive issue with the geometry on this chassis. Unfortunately the only way to improve this is by with changing the wishbone bushes or modifying the top mounts.

This, but caster angle is also a massive issue with the geometry on this chassis. Unfortunately the only way to improve this is by with changing the wishbone bushes or modifying the top mounts.

Indeed this also!

And an example of how poor OEM front camber/geo is when comparing to the multi link rear, Wish these car's had double front wishbones like the previous gen cars.

Civic4.jpg

Thanks all. Plenty for me to think about. It is my daily so doesn't get abused all that often but nice to give it a blast now and again so want the handling improved without making it unusable for day to day.

Front negative camber is the most important thing on these cars IMO, Get some front camber bolts and get them set to at least -1.5 degrees and 0.0 toe or some toe out on the front will liven it up too.

Tyres is the obvious one also.

I have a JDM Rear ARB and a similar setup at the moment, Coilovers soon as I use mine on track though, It's too soft.

Is -1.5 ok for road or will it give excessive inner tyre wear?

Fine for the road and the difference wouldn't be that much. Some OEM setups are like 2 degrees so I wouldn't worry.

Back