• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

indicators

hi ,

when indicating to left then turning the steering wheel to the left there is a clicking sound on each revolution, sounds like the cancel lever is catching.
also happens on the right.

is this normal or is there a fault with my indicator stalk, never heard this sound before ??

many thanks danny

I experinced this fault on my Civic Sport, at first I thought I was just being paranoid. But it only done it in one direction.

The dealers had a look, but couldn't find the fault.

In the end it just dissapperared :?

dannysed said:
hi ,

when indicating to left then turning the steering wheel to the left there is a clicking sound on each revolution, sounds like the cancel lever is catching.
also happens on the right.

is this normal or is there a fault with my indicator stalk, never heard this sound before ??

many thanks danny

As the steering wheel is turned to the left, the little peg that cancels the signal passes through the switch without cancelling the signal. This is normal really, when it comes the other way, it catches it and cancels it.

Hope that makes sense?

Back