• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Induction and insurance...

I have just fitted an AEM CAI, and love it! The noise is awesome and im sure I can feel the power difference! I haven't phoned my insurer yet though, and Im wondering how badly they are likely to sting me? I'm properly skint at the moment, so may end up putting the old air box back on if they quote big money. As I dont trust insurers, and hate the usual 'please hold, your call is important to us' crap, I thought I would ask the forum how much you pay? Im with M&S money, and when I told them I had fitted coilovers they didnt change the cost of my insurance at all! Shows that they arent against modding!
Anyway, could someone give me a clue!

It all depends on the Insurer to be honest and their stance on modifications.

Some company's won't even entertain the idea, some won't ask for an increase in premium and some just wack 10% on the premium.

There's no set rule for this.

Call your insurers and ask for their stance and how much it will cost, as having un declared parts on your car may invalidate you policy if you have a prang.

To be honest, having the kit on with the noise it makes is worth a lot to me! Its like having a new car again, Reminds me of when I first drove the 'R' I get that feeling that It really does go at a million miles an hour! I will have to call the insurers today I think!

On the phone to them now... The poor girl has no idea what i'm on about! You would think such things would be common with a car insurance firm, just shows how few people actually ring up to tell them i suppose! Oh well ten minutes on hold and counting..... dum di dee, tra la la dum dee dum. God this music is sheeite!

Does seem odd though, EP3 £570. Now modded EP3 with coilovers, FRSU, Braided lines, AEM CAI, strut bracing £570. I know which one I would consider the higher risk! Oh well, I sure as hell aint going to query their decisions! Thanks for your imput guys!

Does seem odd though, EP3 £570. Now modded EP3 with coilovers, FRSU, Braided lines, AEM CAI, strut bracing £570. I know which one I would consider the higher risk! Oh well, I sure as hell aint going to query their decisions! Thanks for your imput guys!

What insurance company? if you don't mind me asking

Do you have it in writing that they have included your mods? Every company I've ever been with list all the mods on the policy schedule.

I'm pretty sure M&S wouldn't quote me on the Moneysupermarket search I think it was on, Ho-hum! Good work on getting a cracking deal!

I've come across that rule a few times also.

If you're NA you should be alright :lol: .

Admiral increased mine for my mods by about £80 and that was before the Tein springs.

All the comparison websites are sh!te and quote me about 200-300 over my renewall every year.

Just got a quote from M&S £3,652 pa!!!!! What the fcuk?

Cheapest on Go Compare was 802 which is £20 more than last year and next best was £1,200

Both quotes were without mods!!!

Back