• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Induction and insurance...

Winner. :lol:

When I had the EP3 one of the quotes from confused.com was over £5k. :lol: They even rang to ask why I hadn't followed it up.

I'm expecting a 10% increase tbh. I pay in one go which is better but the London post code kills me.

Chris Knott insurance was the best for me. I was with Elephant for the last 7 years with 5 years NCB, paying £880 a year for the BMW Clubsport. Sold the BMW, got the Type R this year, Elephant wanted an extra £90!!

Phoned Chris Knott after seeing them on here, they came in with £480 for the year!!! :D

Now modded with Lowering Springs, ARC Induction Box and Evo 8 Wheels, they only wanted £30 one off-payment which i was happy with.

May look to a different insurer next year though as they have brought in a new clause permitting mods to increase engine power by only 20bhp! :(

Would you guys tell your insurance company about mods like Braided brake lines, Hose kits, HID's etc etc?

My insurance is actually due for renewal in 6 weeks or so, I'm hoping I can stick with M&S, very happy with them so far! It would also save explaining the mods over and over to different insurers. I never have understood insurance though, mine went up by 20% last year when I changed career, same milage, same address, same me, but a massive increase! Tempted to invent a new career for myself this year, would they find out in the event of a claim? Why the hell would a chef be of higher risk than say, a pilot anyway??!!

Sorry chaps, perhaps my initial post was in the wrong section! I can see this discussion being moved from the air induction section fairly soon.........

Hi Frag

Not sure if you have seen this site before (sorry if it’s old news) http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/insurance/car-insurance-job-picker/ you can put your job title in and it will give you a similar job title that has lower risk.

I think some of the comparison sites might even do it on your behalf. I got a quote off one once and when I went to the insurance company my job title had been changed to just say "Scientific & Technical" but my named driver's job had stayed the same. According to that web site if an IT Consultant's insurance was £1000 a Computer Engineer's would be £974. I think using that as an example you would get way with that all day long, you just couldn’t say you were an admin assistant if in actual fact you were a stunt driver!!

Cheers

Jim

Back