• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Induction kit sounds like hoover at idle

Just fitted an induction kit to my 2005 ep3 and at idle there is a noticeable whine from the filter that sounds like a hoover. When driving the noise goes away (or is drowned out) and at vtec the filter sounds insane. Just wondering if the noise is a known thing when fitting a large cone filter and if there is anything to worry about.

Cheers

Jack

It will just be the air whistling as it passes through the filter, nothing to worry about.

I had a Mugen Filter on my S2000 that did this, it annoyed the hell out of me. It never used too, then all of a sudden, just started.

Gave it a hammering, cleaned it thoroughly and it still made the noise.

So I sold it for a CAI system.

thank you very much for the quick replies guys, i am lovin my type r so much, i have had it for 3 days and i am smitten. As long as its nothing to worry about i can deal with it for that awesome ear splitting noise at vtec :)

thanks again

it is an open cone yeah, don't mind a few hp for the noise tbh, the car is still as fast as it ever was. yeah it seems normal it just is making a hoover noise at idle, which may be a result of no sound deadening with the lack of airbox

Back