• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Induction kits and the MOT

I just got my tax renewal through, and have discovered my MOT is 6 months out of date! oops! Anyway, its booked in tomorrow which gives me time to give it the briefest once over now. Can anybody clear up what difference an induction kit (AEM CAI) would make to the emmisions test? Cheers in advance!

Thanks! As for the slight matter of six months overdue, can I get in any bother over that?

Only if the police stop you as you're only allowed to drive to the test centre without an MOT

6 months :shock: I'm surprised you hadn't already been pulled for that.

It'll be as said fine :)

Only if the police stop you as you're only allowed to drive to the test centre without an MOT

Just to confirm, if you get tugged you're only legally allowed to be driving to the MOT station if you have pre booked an appointment.

You get a sticker on your test certificate, if your memory's that bad stick that on the inside of your windscreen.

I had bought six months tax, then a full years worth as a result I had six months left on the MOT when I got it, now the years elapsed I'm six months out! The fact that you can be heavily punnished for not having it, yet there is no reminder in place seems a little silly to be honest, especially as its all on line these days. An automated email system surelyt isn't out of the question! Oh well, an hour to wait, so I will give the car a once over I think!

Back