• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Induction kits on the FN2

Ive looked into this for days now and i dont want to really spend massive amounts on one of these. The 3 i have in mind is AEM, KnN Apollo and also the HKS.

I know the HKS is more expensive than the other 2 for sure but has anybody got the AEM or Apollo and would recommend them?

Or is the option to Get the HKS? if so i would prefer to get one second hand if anybody knows of anyone with one of these as i dont fancy paying the full price really.

The K&N is a waste of time.

The HKS is very popular for a reason. You can drop it in and it doesn't need mapping.
AlSo the noise it makes is pretty awesome :)

the hks is probably your best bet out of them, but i would advise you to get the heat shield with it aswell if you get it, i think sumo power sell the heat sheilds to go with them!

It's TDi-North who do the heatshields. They are a custom job as HKS don't do one.

the hks is probably your best bet out of them, but i would advise you to get the heat shield with it aswell if you get it, i think sumo power sell the heat sheilds to go with them!

Sumo sell the RSK but not the heatshield. TDi North developed the heatshield.

I am a recent member and had a red FN2 which I put a HKS RSK onto and it was awesome.

i have recently got a championship white and the first thing i was going to do was put a HKS RSK on. However when i went to buy the car from honda they had already fitted the K&N Apollo to it.

On comparison i feel no difference in performance , flat spots, heatsoak. now onto the noise - if I'm hones the HKS is marginally louder and the only real difference is the initial sound when the vtec kicks in but as I say its marginal.

For the difference there is absolutely no point in me now changing to the HKS from the apollo as I am more than happy (and it saved me money).

Hopefully this is more helpful than most people who will be bias to whichever kit they have on their car.

In summary if money is tight I see no downside to apollo as it does not affect the cars performance and sounds great.

If you don't mind spending the extra then go for the HKS as it is marginally louder but no additional noticeable performance.

That's interesting. The K&N was universally despised when I had my FN2

It doesn't have the in-built velocity stack that the HKS does.

It would be interesting to see what gains it made on a dyno.

Ive got a tegiwa its expensive but i feel a difference when i hit vtec and i dont even have it mapped yet

Ok so I would like to retract my previous comment on the difference between the k&n vs hks rsk :(

Sumo power have the hks rsk on offer at moment so thought I would get one as I really liked it on my previous Milano fn2.

Firstly the sound difference between the k&n and the hks is huge.:D I downloaded a decibel reader app on my phone so I could measure the difference but to be honest I didn't need to use it as the difference is obvious.

More importantly the car seems to be less hesitant on full throttle and has made me realise that the k&n wasn't really doing the job.

I'n summary hks is definitely better.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back