• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

induction

hi guys, just a quick question. does anyone know which is better,, hard pipe induction kit on ep3 or standard airbox with hondata mod and upgraded filter? anyone tried them ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Ive done the hondata mod with pipercross air filter. Sounds and feels better than the K&N induction kit i had on a previous type r. The hondata mod is also very cheap.

thanks mate, when i bought the ep3 it already had k&n induction kit on it, and i have just purchased the original airbox to mod it. just wondering which is better. thanks alot mate.

A 'Hard pipe' AEM cai has been proven to give some of the best gains for an induction modification. I have one. Sounds great and feels like the whole rev range has been opened up.

what if i have the typhoon induction pipe with ramair foam filter with carbon fibre enclosed case?

I've recently taken the Gruppe M off my DC5 and reverted back to an OEM box with the Hondata mod.

There is an obvious change in noise as the Gruppe M is a lot louder and growls in VTEC. There isn't however any noticeable difference in performance. I'm not saying you won't get more power out of an aftermarket induction kit because you probably will, but the difference is negligible unless you remap the car etc.

I've recently taken the Gruppe M off my DC5 and reverted back to an OEM box with the Hondata mod.

There is an obvious change in noise as the Gruppe M is a lot louder and growls in VTEC. There isn't however any noticeable difference in performance. I'm not saying you won't get more power out of an aftermarket induction kit because you probably will, but the difference is negligible unless you remap the car etc.
so are you saying would be better to do hondata mod?:D

I personally think the Hondata mod is the most pointless of the lot. The only reason I have it on mine is because the previous owner did it.

If you want an aftermarket induction kit for a K20, get a cold air intake CAI. They will be the best for gains if you get a remap.

the induction kit i have is enclosed and has cold air feed pipe on it. pulls much better than standard box, but i did try the standard airbox (no mod) and i must admit it is smoother each gear change.

the induction kit i have is enclosed and has cold air feed pipe on it. pulls much better than standard box, but i did try the standard airbox (no mod) and i must admit it is smoother each gear change.

Really? Like I said, I went from the Gruppe M (gold standard) back to the OEM box and noticed no difference in power.

Spoon cat back to OEM exhaust too. Same thing.

Noise placebo IMO.

cheers mate, its my first honda, just trying to find my way around the tuning of these. thanks for all your advice guys.

cheers mate, its my first honda, just trying to find my way around the tuning of these. thanks for all your advice guys.

If you're after proper gains, you need a race header and ECU upgrade with a retune. Bolt on mods will get you very limited gains without this.

yeah i dont want to go too crazy made that mistake with last car (astra mk4 coupe turbo) im just really happy to have a great car with great performance as standard. just want to tweek little things here and there.

I think a good induction noise helps promote the VTEC crossover. Something to show off with. Bwahhhhhhh, HHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Back