• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Infinity Ref 6012i 6.5" speakers - Will I need spacers?

Guys, will I need spacers for Infinity Ref 6012i 6.5" speakers? It only has mounting points at 12, 3, 6 and 9 o'clock positions.

If so, which dimension spacer will I need (height, outside and insider diameter etc). Thanks :)

Oh and where to get them from please? :lol:

Heres a pic:

ref6012i.jpg

I thought about it but have no idea how to go about cutting perfectly circular rings...

They dont have to be perfect, I just used a compass to draw the circles and cut them out with a jigsaw. The MDF was half inch thick so I screwed 2 sheets together to get the spacers 1 inch thick.

Thanks matey! I've just remembered that I have a cutting tool on the dremel I bought recently - should do the job nicely! :) 8)

Does it need to be raised by as much as an inch? I have a sheet of 5mm mdf so will have to stick 5 sheets together to get an inch :?:

If you can fit the speakers in with less than an inch then go for it, depends how big the magnets are on the back of the speakers.

Back