• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Injen SP1576 - any good?

startrack

Formerly type_r_lover
Hi guys,

I know that at the mo' everyone has their eyes on the new kit from Reverie, but do you have any experience/idea of how good the new Injen is?

I have been told by the guys on the French CTR website that it was "the best" (since they cant put Gruppe M on their LHD), but I havent seen any independant dyno.

http://www.injen.com/SP1576_mkt.html

They are suppose to be very good.
The only problem you need to move the fuse box IIRC, that's why people go for the AEM instead.

ritzctr said:
They are suppose to be very good.
The only problem you need to move the fuse box IIRC, that's why people go for the AEM instead.

Yeah that rings a bell now.

I always would advice people to go for the AEM, If pennies allow then of course get the Gruppe M, But you can get 3 Aems for the price of a Gruppe M :roll: :twisted:

the thing is, they have changed the design of this pipe. should give more power than the previous and it's not exactly the same shape. So I was wondering if you still had to move the fusebox or not?

I'm trying to get some shots, but it's hard to see.

The aem is $140 on ebay from the states, and the new injen $240. So I would expect the Injen to be slightly different.

I was gonna get the AEM V1 but then I saw the reverie saga, so I started to re-look around and now I dont know what to get!

but the new AEM V1 (same shape, just new filter that doesnt require oil ever) looks the best pick for performance/price. Still would have prefered the Injen though. just to be different...

I had the RD1576 installed in my car 2 months ago. I believe it's better than the AEM! Sound's great 2!

typeDan said:
I had the RD1576 installed in my car 2 months ago. I believe it's better than the AEM! Sound's great 2!

what have you done with it? why did you change?

type_r_lover said:
typeDan said:

what have you done with it? why did you change?

I found a good deal so I'm trying to get one b4 next weekend. Got to drive all the way to Leeds so it would be perfect for a few test...

Will dyno the car before and after fitting it so we'll scientifically know how good it is. I know the noise is good ;-)

Now I'm really curious 2 c the dyno. I live in Greece and I was the first one the bring the RD1576 fron London. After the necessary tests my friends and I desided that that CAI is better than the 1575 and the AEM. I recomend you get the one you found.. Trust me :wink:

Back