• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Inside Tyre Wear

Today I noticed my front tyres were worn on the inside really badly. The nearside is the worst (below) :(.

canvas34_zpsf0afec02.png
[/IMG]
0853b66d-c05d-4d49-bbf8-9142e82d220b_zps46c19735.jpg
[/IMG]

I've now put the front tyres on the back.

I had a frsu a couple of months ago. How can I fix this problem and would I have to buy new tyres.

Cheers

Last edited by a moderator:
If have the geometry re-checked.

Have you disturbed the suspension at all since the FRSU?

No, I havn't done any work to the car (except b-pipe).

I also try to avoid pot holes as much as I can but i have big a** speed bumps where I work.

Below is a copy of my frsu done at ABP.

bcc415f7-eec7-4f3a-9e51-e08d35d12e57_zps5727c947.jpg
[/IMG]

Are these setting ok? Just so if I have geo redone it will be done correctly.

Cheers

Last edited by a moderator:
I had my geometry rechecked today and everything is ok (how abp set it up)?

Are my camber setting too aggressive and does anyone else have the same problem?

That's not bad mate, this is bad...

IMAG0220.jpg

IMAG0222.jpg

Not illegal though. It's only the inner 75% that needs to be 1.6mm or above.

This was caused by the camber on the opposite wheel to this going neutral, probably due to a pot hole, and this wheel remaining at 1.7 deg. The camber, plus it being pushed around at slow speed by the other wheel's full contact patch caused the heavy wear. Had the geo re-done and replaced the tyres a few months later and it's been fine since, with the same 1.7 deg camber on both sides.

Back