• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Insurance from a female point of view

Lottie

The Duchess
Dont be jealous boys :wink: :lol:

Well my insurance renewal is due in a week so its time to get insurance shopping again...Adrian Flux have decided to up my insurance by £110 this year so its time to find another supplier I think.

I have a 2005 CTR
26 years old
7 years no claims
No convictions/fines/accidents etc
Live in a pretty safe area
Car is kept on a drive overnight

Quotes ive had so far are (if not stated the excess is £250 with 1 addional named driver):

Adrian Flux £607.88
Admiral £527.10
AA £622.35
RAC £640.00 Excess £230
Elephant £526.05
Confused £570.15 Excess £600
Direct Line £483.00
Churchill £569.10
Greenlight £597.75 (no addional driver)
Privilege £471.45

OK obviously im tempted to go with Privilege but i have just caught the track bug and Greenlight do track insurance for £50 per event. The last track day I did I was stung with the insurance charging me £162. Now ive spoken to Greenlight and the cheapest they do on any CTR is £557.00, if I can get it at that price it makes sense to pay a little more to start with then less on the track day events.

Any thoughts people :D

Greenlight aren't the cheapest for me on the basic quote but i went with and stuck with them just due to the service they offer towards mods and track days, so it works out i spend less by spending more to start with.

I like the fact you also ring up and only ever deal with Neil or Darren, keeps it more personal rather than ringing and getting through to some random in Bombay!

HASNIC said:
Greenlight aren't the cheapest for me on the basic quote but i went with and stuck with them just due to the service they offer towards mods and track days, so it works out i spend less by spending more to start with.

I like the fact you also ring up and only ever deal with Neil or Darren, keeps it more personal rather than ringing and getting through to some random in Bombay!

that sounds quite good, best give them a call as mine is due on the 12th Aug

Give A-Plan a ring Lottie 0845 0711234, they were £90 odd cheaper than Adrian Flux for me
AC 8)

Scousefella said:
Can't understand why you have not tried "Sheilas Wheels"!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I want's to shoot all 3 of them :x :x :x :x :x

Damn good price though - I have similar stats to yourself (apart from the sex) and my renewal came through at £710.

Bit of shopping around needed just to make sure I think 8)

Scousefella said:

I tried but when I put in the numberplate it says I have to call them :lol: :roll: obviously not the usual "girls" car :lol:

Lottie said:
Scousefella said:

I tried but when I put in the numberplate it says I have to call them :lol: :roll: obviously not the usual "girls" car :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I decided to go with Greenlight in the end, they wouldnt shift from the £597 price but it does include protected no claims, the carbing lower tie bar and Simon as a named driver, plus the optional track cover when I need it.

I went with Greenlight and signed up today, they were £30 more expensive than my Norwich Union Renewl.

The added benefits, were cheaper excess my £150, legal cover and a courtesy car. Plus the usual trackdays for £50.

The only problem was I had to prove Emma had experience driving the Type R as her car is only a 1.4 :lol:

Lottie said:
I decided to go with Greenlight in the end, they wouldnt shift from the £597 price but it does include protected no claims, the carbing lower tie bar and Simon as a named driver, plus the optional track cover when I need it.

Thats exactly what mine was. :shock: Similar details 27 years old, 8 years no claims, although I did declare rather alot of mods. :D

I found Tesco the cheapest - Sheilah's wheels wouldn't quote me - presumably you have to drive a 'girly pink car and have a blonde beehive hairdo!

Back