• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Insurance on a DC5

Hey guys, im new on this site and i am planning on getting a Integra DC5 by the end of the year. I havnt made any quotes yet cause im planning on waiting for my 2 yrs NCD and see how much the cost would be then. at the mean time ive been looking at some of your quotes but i guess it all depends on how clean your licence is etc etc...

I will be 23 with 2 years NCD clean licence (8pts within 4 years) I have my car parked on a drive and live in a low risk postcode.
Do some insurers ask if you had any convictions within 3 or 4 years? hehe
Would any of you guys kindly tell me how much you paid for your insurance and if you had any convictions and NCD?

And which is the best insurer for young driver and for imports?

Thanks for yout time in reading this. Cheers

I'm 31 with full no claims and clean licence and i paid £585 with Adrian Flux.

It's going to be expensive mate. How old are you?

There are a few companies around that will give you a good quote, I'm with A Plan at the moment. They offer a forum discount. Others to try are Greenlight, Noel Dazey & Co (not sure of the exact name).

All driving convictions must be disclosed mate.

Your points will be the biggest bug bare imo.

I'd say £1500 at a guess.

I'm 26, 6 PNCB, DR10 (5 years old now), 0 Points & pay just shy of £1000.
Garaged night & day & CAT1.

Well....i am will to spend £2k on insurance itself. so i guess it'll be around that region dont ya think?

albs09 said:
Well....i am will to spend £2k on insurance itself. so i guess it'll be around that region dont ya think?

If you don't get insured for 2K or less walk away mate.

Good luck :wink:

get a few more years under your belt mate with a CTR then move up like quite few others have.

HASNIC said:
MilanoChris said:
HASNIC said:
Just for info, Greenlight won't insure imports if you're under 25.

Weird. They quoted me on the Teg and I was only 23 :?

They wouldn't quote me on one, and a few others i know?

A few companies are hit and miss.

I called up Egg for a quote on the DC5 (was already with them for the CTR) and they said it would be an extra £50 or so.

So I bought the teg, called them up and they refused as I was under 25 :shock: :shock: :shock:

So after much explaining, yelling and abusing from me - then proceeding to explain that as it was the 1st of March, I was turning 25 on the 16th of March - and that I'd already been givena price then they insured me. The renewal went up by nearly £1k though :roll:

Curently 26, 5years PCND, live with good postcode, garaged, no points and history of performance cars I pay around £850 with a-plan - including all mods too.

Not too bad 8)

Back