• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Insurance Policy Questions

I've still not made up my mind which insurance company/broker I'll go with but while researching and checking the small print on the quotes, I've come up with the following questions that are worth asking before accepting a quote:-

1. How much is the premium?
2. How much is the insurance company’s excess?
3. How much is the customer’s voluntary excess?
4. How much is replacement windscreen excess?
5. How much is repair windscreen excess?
6. Will I be insured to drive another car on third party fire and theft?
7. Does the insurance company insist I go to their specified repairer or can I take my car to my dealer or other repairer.
8. Will the insurance company ensure that I get a replacement vehicle while mine is being repaired and will this be a hire car or the repair garage's loan car (which is dependent on one being available)
9. If I use a credit/debit card, will I be charged a transaction fee?
10. What personal accident cover will I receive with this policy?
11. What personal belongings cover will I receive with this policy?
12. What medical expenses will I receive with this policy?
13. Does the insurer provide cover in Europe?

Google the insurance company/broker to see if complaints have been made about either re administration problems or time taken to pay out claims, etc.

I would recommend that you see the quote in print before you accept.

I've been surprised to find in the small print of Chris Knott's quote a further charge of 1.5% for a credit card transaction. I was also surprised to be told by them that because my S is technically a soft-top that they will not insure me tpf&t on another vehicle even though I would be fully comprehensive on the S.:rolleyes:

Tesco's will only cover me tpf&t in an emergency on another vehicle if I take out a fully comprehensive policy with them!!

I was also surprised at the low personal accident cover on quite a few quotes!!

Karen

Last edited by a moderator:
That seems to have FUBAR'd Karen. :lol:

Edit - you must have fixed it as i typed. :oops: :lol:

Have you tried Greenlight Karen, always very good with me :)

Thanks for the suggestion, Lottie but I have it in my mind (which could be wrong) that Greenlight don't insure S2000s.

However, after a lot of thought, discussion and research, I bought my insurance from Chris Knott yesterday - £434.99. It is thanks to Tim who has particularly put himself out that I have gone with them.

I got a lot of quotes from various insurers including Tesco's, Direct Line, More Than, Sky, Adrian Flux, Privilige, Churchills, LV, CIS (to name but a few) but the cheapest quote with an excess of £250 was Chris Knott and they are also fulfilling the terms that I require, ie driving another vehicle third party, using my Honda dealer for repairs.

Karen

Last edited by a moderator:
Back