• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Insurance problem.

Rapid 17

Mature Member ™
Some of you will remember i posted on the 31st March that a neighbours car had rolled backwards off his driveway, across the road onto my driveway and damaged my S. I am currently making a claim against his insurance company (Churchill) and i have been given the ok to have mine repaired (the estimate is £504.00 and it goes to the bodyshop on Wednesday 18th April)
Today i received my renewal notice for the coming year (from May 3rd) and the cost has gone up from £495.00 last year to £775.00 for the coming year. I telephoned the broker to enquire why the big increase and was told it's because of the accident. I then pointed out that i am not claiming against my own insurance but the guy said i would have to pay the £775.00 because the claim is still outstanding. I then asked would i get a refund when the cost of my repairs is recovered from Churchill and was told i probably would. However, the guy was unable to say how much the refund would be because insurance premiums had gone up from last year anyway.
The whole business is totally unfair; are there any other options open to me ?
Geoff.

That sounds very unfair Geoff - can you not speak to a more senior member of staff at your insurers and get it sorted that way?

Hi Geoff

Have you tried ringing around to get quotes from other insurance companies and then going back to your original insurance company telling them about cheaper quotes?

Karen

That sounds very unfair Geoff - can you not speak to a more senior member of staff at your insurers and get it sorted that way?

That's maybe something i can try Carl because the costs will defiinitely be recovered, i don't know how long it will take though.

Geoff.

Hi Geoff

Have you tried ringing around to get quotes from other insurance companies and then going back to your original insurance company telling them about cheaper quotes?

Karen

I may try that Karen but i have a feeling other insurers will be just as bad . At the moment i'm so disillusioned that i'm seriously considering selling my S2000 and giving up driving altogether. My S2000 is the sixth Honda in a row i've owned, five of which have been damaged and needed insurance claims to fix. One of the five was down to me but the other four were not.
Geoff.

Last edited by a moderator:
I may try that Karen but i have a feeling other insurers will be just as bad . At the moment i'm so disillusioned that i'm seriously considering selling my S2000 and giving up driving altogether. My S2000 is the sixth Honda in a row i've owned, five of which have been damaged and needed insurance claims to fix. One of the five was down to me but the other four were'nt.

Geoff.

You will feel better once you have got the insurance money from this latest accident, Geoff. Don't give up driving, it's your freedom. You may save money by getting buses but you will become dependant on their timetables and there is no fun aspect sitting on a bus, whereas there's lots of fun driving a car ... :D

Karen

Back