• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Insurance question for over 30s

Catz

Banned
OK I got my renewal through and it's significantly higher than last years. I was quoted £658 with £150 x/s.

Anyway I've been checking around and the best I can get is with Tesco, so far anyway, at £585. Is this right??? It just seems pricey for an old(ish) female driver with no convictions or fault claims. :?

Anyone want to tell me what their cost is? As I said over 30s insurance prices please.

Thanks.

Hi Catz,

I'm 33 driving a 53 plate with induction kit and magnex declared. No accidents but an SP30, 4 years ago. Max NCB. Wifes on it to, she's 27.
ME3 postcode, which is average.

Last year I paid £530 with elephant. No Change in circumstances renewal came through at £790!!!! Queried it after doing a new quote on line, ended up paying on line quote of £481 8) 8) 8)

Cheers for the replies.

I tried A Plan and they came in at £490 ... nice guy on the phone too! :D

However went to www.confused.com who do all the work for you. Best quote was with Norwich Union at £401 so much happier about that!

Phone A-Plan again - they beat their first quote by £800 for me.

MilanoChris said:
Phone A-Plan again - they beat their first quote by £800 for me.

I did tell them the most competitive quote and they couldn't beat it. Their £490 price was their second attempt to get lower. However good service plus a sense of humour means we'll give them a go with Gary's Supra when renewal comes round again. :D

I am 35 and I pay £750 :shock:

3 pts SP30
3 PTS ms90 :oops:

Hopefully it will come down this year as 3 points drop off :roll:

For a laugh I tried my Dad insuring a Type-R

He's 47, only claim was when he was 17, so basically has 30 years NDB :lol:

He lives in a very good area, very little car crime if ever, and the cheapest I could find was £398 from Tesco, you shouldn't really complain at your quotes for your age IMO :shock: :shock:

Taylor price directchoice sorted me out with broker direct

Full protected NCB
Clean license
Car is garaged overnight
est annual mileage - 25k
Cover for me (37) and my gf (34)... now ex-gf though :cry:

£405 for the year

They didn't appear to be that friendly to Mods though... so I'll probably be looking somewhere else come renewal time

£400-£600 is around right. it all depends where u live. apparently its a 20% on the quote. Mines with tesco im 26 and i have 6years no claims. im paying £520. it was the cheapest i found. The most expensive was 1,300. i told them to do one and laughed my a55 off.

I`me 65 just had a quote from the RAC, £154 F/C, 2002 ctr, being an old git has it`s upside. :lol: :lol:

Ric type r said:
I`me 65 just had a quote from the RAC, £154 F/C, 2002 ctr, being an old git has it`s upside. :lol: :lol:

:shock: :lol: :lol:

Back