• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Insurance Renewal - New Policy Query - Help!

OK Fellas, need a bit of help as I am wondering what this means...

No Claims Discount -8 Years Not Protected, Pending Claim...

I had a small bump a few weeks back, my NCD is protected at present. My policy is due for renewal at the end of the month and this is what it says on the renewal documents... Why is it not protected pending claim?

Sorry if this is daft but I don't know anything about insurance.... Will be phoning the lads at Brentacre tomorrow anyway but just wondered if someone can clear this up for me... many thanks.

Ok cheers for that.
Does that mean if I moved to a different company my 8 years would only be unprotected?
How can you protect them again?

Blimey. Quite easy to lose your no claims discount these days by the looks of things. Will have to pay attention to the road in future :)

Max is 5 years, can protect after 4.

Normally it's 2 claims in 3 years and it won't affect NCD if protected. No more than 1 in a year.

If you claim it steps back 2 years, so 5yrs unprotected = 3.
5yrs protected, two claims in a year or 2 claims in 3 years = 3.

For any pending claims, they assume wost case, unrecoverable losses, or a fault claim.

Max is 5 years, can protect after 4. Normally it's 2 claims in 3 years and it won't affect NCD if protected. No more than 1 in a year. If you claim it steps back 2 years, so 5yrs unprotected = 3. 5yrs protected, two claims in a year or 2 claims in 3 years = 3. For any pending claims, they assume wost case, unrecoverable losses, or a fault claim.
This is what happened to me a couple of years ago

Back