• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Insurance Renewal !!!!

Hello all. I know this should probably go in the 'Insurance' section of the forum (apologies Admin), but i imagine that more people would check in 'General Chat'

Anyway, my Insurance is up for renewal in March and im beginning to look around for the best quote, naturally.

Sorry if this goes on a bit but..........last year, i ended up a as 'new driver' with no NCD as my previous insurance had been on a Lease Car Scheme while i was working at Honda.

I, as many, left last year as the factory needed to cut its costs and staffing levels. And as we all had to hand back our Lease car we asked about honouring NCD over the time we were at Honda.

We were granted 4 years as standard (nice) so applied and obtained a very good quote when i purchased my EP3 CTR. However, after sending all relevant details to the insurance company, they returned a letter saying that my NCD was invalid because it was not with a British Insurer. They used to use Aviva, but changed to a Japanese company when saving the ££££ when the car manufacturing was on a downturn. Which, after enquiring with other insurance companies, was the same.

Couldnt understand it, i mean come on, isnt Honda UK a big enough and recognisable worldwide company ?

So my insurance quote literally doubled !!!!

So.......does anyone know of any insurance companies that would honour NCD on company cars with a non-british insurance company ? I now proudly boast 1 year NCD, but would be nice to used the extra 4 years earned while on the Honda Lease Car Scheme !

Thanks for reading. Norro.

I've moved this to the appropriate section. Most people use the new posts feature to navigate around the forum, so your thread will be seen regardless of where it is :smt023

Posting in the correct section will yield the best results anyway. We have a few insurance companies that regularly check the boards and this section will be their first port of call.

Back