• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Intake funnel and manifold question

Hi peeps

after some advice with my ep3 , I'm looking at competing my car but there are some tough regs, I need to keep the oem air box but drop in filters are fine,
ive fitted a Cosworth filter and done the hondata mod,
Now my 1st question cold air feed the stock is crap I'm looking for the type like the mugen air box were it has a better snorkel type any ideas where I can get one??

2nd question I'm only a budget as suspension and tyres etc etc cost a lot,
im running a spoon cat back and bung, need a manifold with decat looking around £300 which is better the funky power or japspeed?? I know I need a remap that's why costs down,
im running energy mounts and will be fitting the vibe techs side mount and power flex box mount, so it's pretty solid but looking for people's thoughts with fitting etc on the two manifolds in question
Tried search too
thanks benj

Out of curiosity what reg's do you need to comply with? Seems odd that you can't change the intake but can run decat.

Should be able to make your own cold air feed with some ducting onto the stock air box. Just feed it from the front or wing. IMO it's not going to make much of a difference anyway but everything adds up.

Are you running hondata ecu? Try a PLM header from ebay, toda s/h. Didn't know FP did their own header…?

will be run on kpro,
exhaust is fine as some of the older cars wont have them, its a local sprint club,
i want to keep the oem airbox aswell. also fitted tegwia intake pipe. but wanted a funnel to allow a ram air type,
plm header?

Back