• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Intake Manifolds - DC5 or JDM EP3

Hi guys,
Which one you reckon is the best intake manifold for the UKDM EP3 - the DC5 or JDM EP3?
I know the RBC or RRC are better but they are out of my budget, plus I am not looking into ECU upgrades for now...

Anyone got any experiences of these?

Cheers :)

Would it not be worth saving the money you was going to spend on a dc5 or jdm inlet towards a rbc inlet, you dont have to have the ecu maped for a rbc, as far as im aware. But im sure with a map you will get more out of it

The gains on a dc5 intake are minimal when unmapped.
The thing with the RBC is that it runs a lean without a map causing some nasty side effects, which has been documented. If you fit an inlet, I would look to at least having a kpro with a generic map with the mods - close map to what you have. Then once all mods are fitted - get that remap.

The gains on a dc5 intake are minimal whennmapped.
The thing with the RBC is that it runs a lean without a map causing some nasty side effects, which has been documented. If you fit an inlet, I would look to at least having a kpro with a generic map with the mods - close map to what you have. Then once all mods are fitted - get that remap.

Ahh didnt know that. Looks like I will be needing mine maped once Its all in

You're always better off getting a map to suit your mods as it will bring the best out of them. I wouldn't fit an inlet or exhaust manifold within mapping it as well, do it all at the same time.

Small mods are fine without a map afaik e.g catback and induction but anything more I would map too.

Back