• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

EP3 Intake or Cat Back?

Good Morning

Have a bit of spare cash and am toying with the idea of getting an intake or cat back.

Car is pretty standard, K&N in the standard airbox, Sportex B Pipe and FRSU.

So, what would you go for, intake or cat back? Or nether?

Thanks in advance.

How much spare cash? :)

Higher-end equipment for either of those two (Mugen or Gruppe M airbox, Mugen/Fujitsubo cat-back, as examples) will run you around £800 new, plus labour (if not fitting yourself).

Did you mean a new inlet manifold, or the airbox itself? If you're going for the manifold then it's probably worth looking at getting a k100 first.

Are you happy with the way your car sounds?

If not then i would go cat back.

If you are, seeing as you have replaced the mid pipe and have a drop in filter along with FRSU and assuming you have some decent tyres on.
I would go down the route of upgrading the brakes.
Decent pads, braided lines and some good fluid will come well under £500 and have a massive impact on how well the car stops.

If brakes are all good then I would personally get a k100 board put on with the re flash (Hondata map 4)

This will come under £500 without rolling road (yes many will say dont) but give you a good punch of midrange and a little more top end

Are you happy with the way your car sounds?

If not then i would go cat back.

If you are, seeing as you have replaced the mid pipe and have a drop in filter along with FRSU and assuming you have some decent tyres on.
I would go down the route of upgrading the brakes.
Decent pads, braided lines and some good fluid will come well under £500 and have a massive impact on how well the car stops.

If brakes are all good then I would personally get a k100 board put on with the re flash (Hondata map 4)

This will come under £500 without rolling road (yes many will say dont) but give you a good punch of midrange and a little more top end

Thanks for the input.

I do like the way the car sounds, maybe a little quite on the inside.

Had the rear discs and pads replaced last week and will be replacing the front discs and pads next week. Was going to go with OEM discs and some upgraded pads. Had 4 new tyres put on before I had the FRSU done last May. Only cover 4k miles a year so plenty of life left in the tyres.

There are stacks of threads on here regarding which pads to go for etc.
The OEM discs are more than good enough for road use

AEM v1 & a sportex unsilenced centre section for my money. Should be able to get both for less than £500 and have a good chunk of change left over too.

AEM v1 & a sportex unsilenced centre section for my money. Should be able to get both for less than £500 and have a good chunk of change left over too.

He already has the sportex so half way there.
AEM V1 or the injen cold air kit (not the short ram) as the filter sits in the same place.

Back