• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Integra aerial not going down?????

Hi peeps. just brought my first honda which needs a little work but nothing too major. One thing is that the aerial doesnt go down. Is this normally the motor??? I havent even begun to look at it yet (checking power etc) but wanted to know if this is a common problem?

Its a 97 integra type R (UK SPEC)

Cheers in advance

I'd say yank the stereo out and make sure everything is where it needs to be.
If its not that then I'd say motor is buggered. I had mine go on a Celica...I called someone out to fix it, I think it cost me £100ish + VAT.

Common issue on the DC2, can sometimes be the motor, sometimes the aerial itself gets stuck. A common fix is to fit an S2000 aerial instead, or just replace the assembly, but that doesn't guarantee it won't come back at some point.

the previous owner may have even disconnected it, they make such a stupid embarrassing noise when they go down

the previous owner may have even disconnected it, they make such a stupid embarrassing noise when they go down

Ah good point, t'is true, they do clunk and knock when they go down, esp with a stripped out rear:lol:

aerial

Cheers guys. It all seems plugged in and is getting voltage to the motor. Stereo seems okay too. Think i'll go for a motor then

Back