• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Interior cleaning question?

Hi guys, had my new FN2 for a couple of days and the dealer gave it the standard crappy valet!

Sorry to sound like a cock but most of my cars have had leather which is easy to keep clean/care for so i dont know the best way to clean the red parts of the Type R seats.

The red insert of the seat is grubby compared to the passenger seat. The red material armrest bit of the drivers door is also a little grubby. The Mrs has a steam cleaner and a carpet shampoer (small attachment with it) which i was thinking of using to clean it off!?

What is the best way to go about it. I know it will make it damp but it will dry out.... eventually!

The gear gaiter had also split, you cant see it because its on the top but the flap of material is annoying me when i change gear! Can this be replaced? I am going to try and repair it somehow first!

Thanks. Darlo

I removed the seat covers from my seat and washed it in the washing machine but man was it long and tedius removing and reinstalling the cover, come up a treat though :)

I removed the seat covers from my seat and washed it in the washing machine but man was it long and tedius removing and reinstalling the cover, come up a treat though :)

Never thought of doing that. At least they'd dry quicker that way

That sound like a good idea but i know 100% i would mess it up and damage them beyond repair!

Thanks mate, dont suppose you know how much a new gaiter is do you?!

Thanks for the info.... i would definatley screw this up though!

Found some gaiters on ebay for about £13ish and they are real leather.... anyone bought one if so are they any good?

Well new gaiter fitted today. The how to guide was spot on. Very pleased with the results...... only stapled my finger once!!

Meguiars All Purpose Cleaner, mixed between 4:1 and 10:1, depending on how stubborn the stains are.

Main trick as a lot of people will say is that you dont "over wet" the fabric.
Should be fine, I've done this plenty of times on other cars, other peoples cars etc etc.

I use an upholstery brush, or an Autoglym interior cleaning pad. Then when youre happy that the area is clean, cover with garage roll or kitchen roll or even an absorbent towel to try and remove the majority of wetting.

Let it dry naturally with a window part open if you can, assuming the weathers ok and your cars in a safe place lol. (otherwise it will get misted up A LOT)

Thanks for your reply but after doing a half decent job of cleaning up the interior and replacing th gaiter the car broke and I've been given a refund!

The heating systems/blowers etc stopped work. 16 hours with Honda and they still couldn't fix it

So what you have now?

-

Ok should have read previous posts more closely... :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Regarding the initial question, I bought some auto glym interior shampoo type stuff today. Will try it at some point and post my results for anyone interested.

The red bit on the seats is getting a bit dirty in 2 places.

I bought a can of spray foam cleaner from the BP garage, £4.99. Gave the seats a good soaking/foaming and wiped/scrubbed the excess away. it worked really well and are now spotless. it did take 3 days to dry out though, I think I went a bit overkill on them.

Back