• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Interior Damage/scrapes

Thanks for all your advice on my interior fade, which turn out to be just a lot of dirt (I don't want to think what it actually was) but after a good scrub I've noticed two bit of damage.

One is a scrape in the passenger airbag cover and the other someones managed to take a chunk out of the handbrake button (please see attached pics)

Any advice on how to rectify either would be great. I was thinking about taking the button off and respraying it but have no clue how to get it off.

Thanks again!
Chris

Attachments

• IMG00118-20100315-1&.jpg
    IMG00118-20100315-1&.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG00117-20100315-1&.jpg
    IMG00117-20100315-1&.jpg
    7.4 KB · Views: 30
The buttons are known for doing that, when i had my ep3 most of mine had peeled off, did ask about at the time if anybody knew how to take off the handbrake cover so it could be sprayed but didn't get any answers back.... :)

Right pain ain't it?! I've just spent the last week or so respraying the center console, the silver door handles, refurbing the gear knob and it just looks a bit naff!

Just another quick question, do honda still do the standard ep3 mats?

Right pain ain't it?! I've just spent the last week or so respraying the center console, the silver door handles, refurbing the gear knob and it just looks a bit naff!

Just another quick question, do honda still do the standard ep3 mats?

Good man i just bought new centre console & door handles when i got sick of mine :lol:

Im sure Honda do the mats still.

About your other mark, i had a glue mark about the size of a 50p above my left side heater i covered it up with a black square of foam from hobby craft looked ok aswell, problem is yours is in a bit of a bad spot to be honest....

Good man i just bought new centre console & door handles when i got sick of mine :lol:

Im sure Honda do the mats still.

About your other mark, i had a glue mark about the size of a 50p above my left side heater i covered it up with a black square of foam from hobby craft looked ok aswell, problem is yours is in a bit of a bad spot to be honest....

I was thinking about doing that, but kinda liked the challenge ... I'll post some pics later as I'm pretty proud haha!

I'll give them a shout in the morning.. thanks! I was hoping to pick some up on ebay but no such luck at the moment, all custom ones or seem a bit steep!

I was thinking about doing that, but kinda liked the challenge ... I'll post some pics later as I'm pretty proud haha!

I'll give them a shout in the morning.. thanks! I was hoping to pick some up on ebay but no such luck at the moment, all custom ones or seem a bit steep!

It cost me £100 for the centre console & about £20 for the inserts so you probably saved a packet too, would love to see your handy work....

I bought some ebay mats, not honda made but did the job around £45 IIRC

I'll have a look on the bay tomorrow, *** like some 'official' ones but mine have a huge hole in so need some new ones asap...

As for my handywork see attached, its not a great picture but think it looks pretty smart, the only issue is the top heater control light has blown/stopped working but I dont have the patience to remove it all again at the moment... lemme know what you think..

Attachments

• IMG00119-20100315-2&.jpg
    IMG00119-20100315-2&.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 38
honda will still sell standard mats for around £40.
not sure how to get the handbrake handle off but the lower centre console surrounding it comes out buy unscrewing the the two screws at the rear sides then lift it up from the back.

Thanks man, took so long to get the paint looking good but pretty happy with the result now! Now to sort out the exterior... car park altercation.. :(

I hear ya, lol mines booked in for the 12 april :lol:

Photo-0055.jpg

That looks nasty mate, how much is the repair going to set you back?

Whilst im here, anyone recommend a good seat cleaning product?

Me £0

Women who hit me's insurance £2260

Nice! The bit of car park I hit refused to pay out haha!

Well after a good hunt on ebay a bit of success -- new mats on there way:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320500541116&ssPageName=ADME:B:EOIBSA:GB:1123

and got a replacement side skirt finally, not 100% happy with price but needed one desperately, paid 40 quid in the end...

Now just left to purchase a rear bumper, front tires, front splitter and decat/replacement cat and i'll be a little happier :)

They'll do nicely :)

Mugen splitter? (or replica)

Yer, pretty happy with them will post pics when they arrive

Well the priority is a new rear bumper atm, as it looks shocking. not 100% sure on the splitter yet, any suggestion would be welcomed

Back