• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Interior light help

I have an issue when I open doors / unlock car the interior light doesn't come on anymore.

The switch is set to the central position, the lights work when I flick to the on position

I have checked fuses - all seem fine.

I have had a good search around and couldn't find the answer on here although im sure its been answered before.

Its annoying now its starting to get dark early again.

I have the same problem. Had it for a while now.

I have searched all over the place and the only thing i found out is that it may well be the multiplex inside the fusebox under the dash. I bought a replacement fusebox and plugged it all in but my immobilizer light in the clocks was flashing when i turned the key and wouldn't start the car so had to put the other one back in. I assumed that i would have to get Honda to re-code the fusebox/immobilizer to my car but haven't got round to it.

I just fitted LED strips in the footwells and under the seats that come on when i open either door for now.

Mine occasionally doesn't come on with the door or flicking the switch to the on position, but if I tap the cover it'll come on! Think it's the housing the bulb itself sits in that isn't making it's connection properly.

Yours might be the door switch if the light comes on when you flick the switch to the on position?

I really cant get to the bottom of this problem and its doing my head in!!

I will be fitting the footwell lighting kit as soon as some money from ebay clears into my paypal (dislike this pay after delivery nonsense)

But the OE lights not working will always bug me.

Not sure where to go without throwing money at a small but irritating problem

Mines now stopped working altogether! Checked the bulb which was fine, fuses are fine too! Got a multimeter on it and I think I've lost an earth somewhere. I get 12v at one end of the switch but not the other when I have it set to 'On'.

Looks like I need to start poking at the wiring!

I just have to turn it on manually to see what im doing as I park round the back of my house with no light at all!
Then realise when im in the house that I left interior light on.. rush back out to car to turn off.

Don't even know where to start with wiring, cant really be bothered but would ike an easy fix lol.

Im guessing I will just put the footwell lighting kit in (probably by the time it starts getting lighter again :rolleyes:)

I have in my own way, not really sure how to check it? :lol:

I'm going check this on mine tonight
Iv always set mine off and every time I unlock the door no light comes on
If I put the switch in the middle and close the door will the light switch off and open the door and light should come on?
Is this the way it should be or?

switch in middle = lights come on when doors open/unlock or turn car off and take key from ignition I think
switch to side will either be permanently on or off.

I had a go and put the switch in the middle and locked the door and light went off,unlock the door and light comes on

Have you guys checked the Door Jam Sensor

Both my door jam sensors work as i have hooked up my footwell lights (earth lead) to both sides and the lights come on when i open either door. It does the job now as i can't be arsed faffing about anymore on the issue of the dome light coming on when i unlock the car now. The dome light works when i move the switch to on just not when i unlock or open a door.

My interior light doesn't come on at all with either door open or set to 'ON'.

I think my problem is a bit different to the norm :(

Last edited by a moderator:
My interior light doesn't come on at all with either door open or set to 'ON'.

I think my problem is a bit different to the norm :(

Do you have a bulb in it? :D Seriously though have you checked the wiring under the dash on the drivers side? Above the bonnet opening handle.

I also experienced this on Friday night, randomly as the door would open the interior light was not turning on, the switch was positioned in the middle. Messed about with it for a good few minutes, turned the car over and turned it off again and it randomly started working again. Anyone know what it is yet?

Do you have a bulb in it? :D Seriously though have you checked the wiring under the dash on the drivers side? Above the bonnet opening handle.
Yep lol! I've checked the fuses but not the wiring itself, as I wasn't sure where it runs to, I shall have a look in there!

Back