• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

EP3 Interior Lights not coming on when door opens. Door Switches? - EP3

Hi All,

tired searching for a solution but i could not find anything so sorry if this has been covered.

so the interior lights on my car work when you switch them on but they dont work when opening the doors. the position of the switch is middle as the manual says. i am thinking the switches in the doors are issue has anyone replaced these or got some form of diagram i can use to fix this? id like to change the bulbs to LED's but there is not point if they dont come on when they are usually required. its a bit annoying at this time of year because when i ever i am commuting its either dark or just about!

any pictures or diagrams and ever part numbers for the door light switches would be great!

if this has been covered a link to that post would be great as well.

thanks in advance,
Todd

A way to double check if its the door switches at fault would be to look at the 'door open' light on the dash. Does this come on and off? If so I would guess the problem is elsewhere.

Also I would guess its unlikely both drivers and passenger door switches have failed at the same time. (it might be the passenger on failed years ago but went un-noticed).

EDIT:
Also it is just worth mentioning that only the light in the centre of the car comes on when the doors are open. The map lights by the rear view mirror are manually switched only.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes im aware its only the dome light in the center that's meant to come on, but i never thought to think that if the door open light comes on the dash then the switchs must be fine. I suppose you must be right saying that the problem is elsewhere. Havent got a clue where to start looking apart from seeing if the switch in the dome light is faulty and not working when in the center position.

Hi All,

tired searching for a solution but i could not find anything so sorry if this has been covered.

so the interior lights on my car work when you switch them on but they dont work when opening the doors. the position of the switch is middle as the manual says. i am thinking the switches in the doors are issue has anyone replaced these or got some form of diagram i can use to fix this? id like to change the bulbs to LED's but there is not point if they dont come on when they are usually required. its a bit annoying at this time of year because when i ever i am commuting its either dark or just about!

any pictures or diagrams and ever part numbers for the door light switches would be great!

if this has been covered a link to that post would be great as well.

thanks in advance,
Todd

Alright mate I had the same issue and what I did was dismantle the centre dome light and give it a good clean on the terminals and it worked

Last edited by a moderator:
Back