• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Interior plastic paint colour

No idea mate. They work fine. They were on the car when i get it and i've left the wiring as it is just hidden behind the stereo with no intention of removing really...
Not after much for them but you will need to source the rest yourself.

I'm just in the process of spraying up my interior door handles. Halfords had about 4 Honda silvers so I chose the one that looked closest, didn't read about the Vauxhall paint.

I'll stick a photo up when done and the paint name, see how it looks.

I'm just in the process of spraying up my interior door handles. Halfords had about 4 Honda silvers so I chose the one that looked closest, didn't read about the Vauxhall paint.

I'll stick a photo up when done and the paint name, see how it looks.

Best thing to do if the interior needs sprucing up is to DiNoc the lot. Looks a lot better IMO.

My effort. Two little issues, 1 the old owner tried using a screw driver to get them out, so the holder and the insert have a huge gap the idiot. Second, messing with a rough bit put my thumb through the primer lol.

Still, looks OK, colour looks pretty good. Have to wait until in the car and compare with the centre console! I didn't bother sanding/levelling or with lacquer, could't be bothered.

IMG_0847.jpg

Cheers mate. I'll see what they look like when in the car, since they're not perfect, but much better than before. If they look good i'll pick up a can of lacquer tomorrow from Halfrauds.

May end up having another pop yet though. TBH though, doubt you can see tiny imperfections in daily use.

i think it will look pretty smart, im pretty tempted to do mine gloss black. Is it pretty easy to remove the dash etc? Definatley lacquer them mate, it will give it a much better finish and wil protect it from getting scratched etc.

i think it will look pretty smart, im pretty tempted to do mine gloss black. Is it pretty easy to remove the dash etc? Definatley lacquer them mate, it will give it a much better finish and wil protect it from getting scratched etc.

In terms of the dash, mines OK so havn't removed it.

This thread from a quick search has a bit in it:

http://type-r-owners.co.uk/forums/s...e-on-civic&highlight=removing+centre+console\

And yeah cheers i'll laquer them tomorrow. I was thinking of black but I saw a picture of all the interior black and it looked dated I thought. The silver bits make it look a tad more modern imo.

yeah im tempted to go silver too. I know its a little off the subject but just had my wheels refurbed and done in back, sanded my centre caps down and sprayed them, then i put new "H" badges on then lacquered them. made a massive difference and protects them well. Is the shade of silver you went for different from OEM? cant wait to see pics of yours. Id it easy to remove the dash without snapping clips etc?

I didn't remove the dash mate, mine was perfect still. Only the handle inserts I sprayed. The paint shade is a little different, I can tell that upon inspection.

However, it's lots better than having black scratches everywhere, you can hardly tell. Looks pretty good. The Iphone4 camera is a little weak some times so the pictures don't really show the shades too well, but you can see they're a tad different.

IMG_0851.jpg

IMG_0852.jpg

Looks smart mate. Im going to do mine when i get round to it. Satin black of course.

top job!

ive just did my door handles (slightly different shade but as you say its better looking than scratched)

i currenty have a silver HU which im planning on changing to a black one so im gonna have a go at painting my centre console too.. just stuck for ideas on a colour, maybe cosmic grey to match the car colour ?

hi there i just changed my dash i took one out of a civic type s it looks pretty smart and only cost me £24 from a breakers i have tried to put a picture up but not having any luck i put one in my album many thanks shaun

hi there i just changed my dash i took one out of a civic type s it looks pretty smart and only cost me £24 from a breakers i have tried to put a picture up but not having any luck i put one in my album many thanks shaun

perfect. thats exactly how i want mine to look.

Back