• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Interior trim colour

Would anyone know the paint colour code of the interior silver trim on the ep3 door handles etc. Paint is peeling off from my ones and need to respray.

Also would I need sand the trims down, primer them etc.

Hi mate. Can't help you with the colour. I read some where some one used a Vauxhall silver.

I've repainted 2 sets of these recently. One for my self and another for my bosses EP3

Pretty easy task as they just pop out via a hole behind them.

I rubbed them down with a little 600 sand paper, didn't go too mad tbh. Then used a 3 coats of primer, 3 base coat and then finished with a light dusting of lacquer and 3 further heavier coats to give them a nice glossy but more importantly hard finish that won't chip or scratch as easily as the standard ones.

I just used some Renault tungsten grey paint on mine as i had a couple of small cans kicking about from a previous project on another car but I reckon there's plenty in Halfords that would be a closer match if you looked

Only main advice would be to leave 15 mins between each coat (5-10 for the first dusting of lacquer) and leave the base to dry some overnight before applying the lacquer.

Finally leave them to dry for 4-5 nights in the airing cupboard before fitting. Generally if you have a smell of it and it still smells of paint then you need to leave it a while longer.

2369c222335c59f15da04e28972fff6f.jpg

d21db2d508641c344d4d32eccd61a790.jpg

9826c095896f1125ecf41c073e465011.jpg

4e9ac8a71af3dba91be463ceb81bda5b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
I must admit I did a bit of a rush job on mine. I only sanded them down lightly and didn't bother with primer. I am sure it would be better to do that though.

I got some Vauxhall Silver Star 2 paint from Halfrauds which is a fairly decent match although not exact:

That's a tidy match tbf! I might pick some of that colour up later on if I fancy doing them again. I just can't believe these were never clear coated from factory. Would have been much more hard wearing and look better

Good work guys, Vauxhall silver is a good match but personally I would just buy new one's :lol:

£44 from Tegiwa, or £26 each from Lings, may be cheaper somewhere else? :shock:

I thought about buying them but decided £8 for a can of paint was better value.

I think Tegiwa are the cheapest at £44 as Jo5h said. Haven't seen anywhere else doing them for that price.

Around £40 for the pair is about right, could try Cox Motor Parts, they usually give good deals their in the traders section.

Also the usual companies do them, Tegiwa, H tune, possibly Tdi North, Hendy amy even find them on Ebay cheap. Luckily mine are still looking really good for a 13 year old car.

Mine cost me nothing to refurb as I'd had all the primer, paint and lacquer from a previous project. Happy days. Saved another 40 quid

Back