• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Inverted Tie Rod Ends - group buy

If this is against the rules or needs moving, I apologise many many times.

JoeR is setting up a group buy for inverted tie rod ends on ctro, we need numbers to make them more of a bargain. They retail at nearly 200quid in this country, can be half that if we import from usa. More details to come...

definite interest to be shown here please...

Only really need a few people for this to go ahead, so hopefully there will be no waiting around for payment and this should go ahead pretty sharpish!!

The steering arm bracket can also be ordered in this group buy at the same price!!

Here are some pics of the items:

inverted.jpg

inverted2.jpg

bracket.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
do they fit DC5's as well joe, or can DC5 tie rod ends be included in the group buy..?

Theres a fair few teg owners on here.

Ok, So the EP3 inverted tie rods wont fit the DC5. Im waiting for a reply as regards to DC5 parts!

If this is against the rules or needs moving, I apologise many many times.

JoeR is setting up a group buy for inverted tie rod ends on ctro, we need numbers to make them more of a bargain. They retail at nearly 200quid in this country, can be half that if we import from usa. More details to come...

definite interest to be shown here please...

Its not the T1R inverted tie rod end is it?
I had a chat with Tom at TGM and he end up getting his own made up because the T1R one is made of cheese.

Which one you are looking at for £200?
I know TGM one is expensive as it is specially made at an engineering shop, and the only other kit I know that expensive is the Top Fuel Kit.

Just checking because I have nothing against cheap, the long as it do its job and doesn't fall apart.

These are specially made in an engineering shop by a fella called Andrew Chang....I'm pretty sure he uses several types of metal, no cheese.

All the guys in the USA are using these Tierods. I havent heard of any problems as of yet!

Spoke to Andrew, the person supplying the parts about DC5.

His reply was:

These are original design for dc5 (usdm type s, jdm type r), but also fits ep3.
The tie rod itself doesnt fit with usdm ep3, but it does fit
CTR, as CTR share same size of tie rod as dc5.

So it seems they will fit both our EP3 AND DC5??

Right, not too sure about that but if he knows what he is doing then I guess it is fine.

From what I know, EP3 and DC5 use different size tie end rod as the bit that goes through the steering arms is different size.
The DC5 one are slightly larger 100%.

Nope, that is the point.
The ID of the Tie End Rod Bolt for the DC5 is slightly larger than the EP3.

DC5 is 15mm taper to 13mm
EP3 is 14mm taper to 12mm

I am not sure how the inverted tie rod end kit fit, but that is the size I pull out of the MeisterR Zeta-R coilovers engineering drawing.

That may explain it then, the taper. I'm sure they fit both and on the EP3 the upper bolt sticks out a wee bit. Maybe they are tapered to fit both.
Only need 1 or 2 more peeps anyway, and the bracket may suit most people rather than the tie rod ends...they are both included in the group buy. :)

Right guys....

Were looking to get 5 people as a minimum.
This would be $640
It is the same price for both the inverted tierods and bracket.

Using a currency converter on my iphone it has just come out at £437.66

£437.66 = £87.54 a set!

I will get it sent to my house and then post on from here!
As said above it will be a couple of quid to post out and a few quid tax duty!

Paypals exchange rate is always slightly higher. So lets says we are looking at about £95ish delivered. Maybe a bit slightly higher or lower.

As long as we dont get stung at customs then £95 (ish)

Joe

is this stil happening, if so can you pm me the details as could do with a set asap, thing tgm want about £165 for a set which is alot of money tbh.

Hi guys, I'm from australia and am looking at getting some inverted tie rods for my JDM ep3.
Will these tie rod ends work with my JDM ep3? Or are they different?

I have coilovers on my ep3 and they can be used on a dc5 aswell so how does that work?

Back