• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

iPhone log-in issues since yesterday eve.

Hey guys,

Not sure whether it's been identified, but I've been having log-in problems via iPhone, since last night.

The box is ticked to keep me logged in at all times. Standard. So it's normally a case of clicking on the forum icon/app - and then TRO-ing.

However each time last night (sometimes a couple of minutes apart during the game etc. etc.), I was required to log-in and even when I did log-in and 'check' the tick box - I received the 'Thank-You for Logging in TypeRiter' autoprompt - but was still seeing the screen as if I hadn't logged in when the autoprompt automatically re-routed me back to the forum index. i.e I was still seeing the notice at the top - "If this is your first visit to the site etc. etc. etc."

A number of sub-sections on the forum appeared to be locked for replying, and I could not see the off-topic sections.

However when I clicked in a thread (of the ones I could see) it would then show me as logged in - and I could see my username at the bottom of the thread in the 'who's viewing this thread' area. And resultantly continue to use the whole of the forum - as if I were logged in normally.

Not a massive inconvenience, but an issue that might mean something to the tech guys??

:)

Regards,

TR

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds like a corrupt cookie on your phone mate, go settings >> Safari >> clear cookies, then clear cache.

Back