• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Ipod help

I have searched the forums and the results I am after are a little inconclusive, Can anyone recomend a good way to connect an Ipod up to my new FN2, I really dont wanna use an itrip as I get poor quality sound in jersey due to all the granite.

Has anyone got the official Honda one? If so what are the downsides? My dealer says that he is unsure as to how compatible it is. I would really like to be able to controll it via the controlls on my steering wheel.

Anyone got a non honda alternative? If so can you advise on how easy it is to fit and functionality (is that even a word?).

Big thanks in advance.

Kav:)

I know the genuine Honda kit does not give you full control of the iPod.

You have to create 6 playlists on your iPod called Honda1, Honda2 etc.
Then you can skip through tracks within each playlist or jump between the playlists.

Basically it mimics a 6 CD Changer, with the benefit of having upto 99 tracks on each playlist/CD

I have given up on my iPOd working with my Honda sat nav in my EP3, in my searching for a way around it, I do know that Honda have a kit that connects the iPod to the car and you have FULL access to all. Its the kit for the S2000, which will not work with the EP3 but I have been advised works fine with the FN2.

Its about £250 but you get a fat 30gig iPod with that too.

HTH

:)

I have given up on my iPOd working with my Honda sat nav in my EP3, in my searching for a way around it, I do know that Honda have a kit that connects the iPod to the car and you have FULL access to all. Its the kit for the S2000, which will not work with the EP3 but I have been advised works fine with the FN2.

Its about £250 but you get a fat 30gig iPod with that too.

HTH

Id like more info on that mate. Ive been quoted £250 for the standard FN2 one to be fitted from honda. Shall I speak to them about the s2000 one?

Id like more info on that mate. Ive been quoted £250 for the standard FN2 one to be fitted from honda. Shall I speak to them about the s2000 one?

I think its the same one mate, its a cable that can be positioned were you want it, they take out your dash and everything.

Just call Honda, I would doubt it varys too much from garage to garage, on the mainland anyway.

A couple of lads from another forum I use have used the Harmann Kardon linky thing & said it's great. They are muchos cheapos on Eghey too ;)

I use the Griffen iTrip radio sender thingy recently on the drive from Newcastle- Manchester on my recent holiday

http://www.pcworld.co.uk/martprd/st...=null&sm=null&tm=null&sku=125888&category_oid=

I did intend on getting a AUX cable and found it for around £15, but this seems to be good value at £20 and i was able to pick it up from my local PC World.

Those iTrips are cack in my experiance, I know I live near London but the amount of pirate/sh1te radio stations are unbelievable, every single frequency was filled with jibba jabba, when I did find a free bit 2 miles down the road I picked something else up:evil: :evil:

Gave it to my mate, but as said it was pennys, so its worth a try, no good around London though.

Far enough Suit....

I had no bother with mine on my drive from Newcastle to Manchester and back- ipod all the way :p

Gary

Back