• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

IPOD in a EP3

Got the standard HU and changer in my ep3. Sick of swapping copied cd's in the HU. Got a new Ipod nano 8gb now.

Not sure which route to go down. Either the ipod cable for the HU, although my mate has done this many times on civics (he used to work for bass junkie) I am worried about him breaking a clip or damaging something taking the dash apart. If I get this can you change tracks using the stereo or do you have to use the ipod.

Or these various make ipod FM units that plug into the ipod and you use the ipod through the radio. Are these any good? My mate had one in her pug and said the interference was awful.

Not changing the head unit before anyone mentions that. Had enough hassle with ice in the past!

Thanks

They may have improved but my itrip was never perfect on my nano...it never seemed to sit quite well enough so you always got a buzz on bumps...also distorts higher.

I know you said no new HU but thats they route I just went down as I needed a new one anyway.

all goes to plan the Ipod or a USB key can just sit in the glove box and are fully controlled by the HU

This is something I'm looking @ getting for my car.
I know it's not a CTR, but Dension do an iPod adapter that plugs into your CD autochanger port on the back of the OEM HU & the iPod is fully controllable from the HU.

Dension

Not cheap, but heard nothing but good things about these products.

HTHs

Edit: Just seen they do something that is an add on & retains your autochanger & allows the link to be added also :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I have used this one :

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B000BWACX2

for the last month or so without any issues at all on my classic, just a bit quieter than normal cd/radio usage, but just turn the volume on the HU up to compensate. You can only use it in the car as well due to the 12v connector, ut it also charges your ipod.

This is something I'm looking @ getting for my car.
I know it's not a CTR, but Dension do an iPod adapter that plugs into your CD autochanger port on the back of the OEM HU & the iPod is fully controllable from the HU.

Dension

Not cheap, but heard nothing but good things about these products.

HTHs

Edit: Just seen they do something that is an add on & retains your autochanger & allows the link to be added also :)
I've got a Dension Icelink in my Fabia and our Martin has one in his 182, they're top. 8) 8)

I've got a Dension Icelink in my Fabia and our Martin has one in his 182, they're top. 8) 8)

Excellent news :D

I'm defo gonna treat myself to one for the 182.
Although I'll have to make some playlists to make the most of it I feel.

Excellent news

I'm defo gonna treat myself to one for the 182.

Although I'll have to make some playlists to make the most of it I feel.

We don't bother with playlist (they're gay) you can set it so you still have full control of the ipod with the clickwheel, then you just choose the album you want as normal on the ipod (we've wired ours into the glovebox) then you use the controls on the h/u to change track. Best way of using 'em imo. They also pause the ipod when you turn you ignition or stereo off and resume when you turn in back on. 8)

We don't bother with playlist (they're gay) you can set it so you still have full control of the ipod with the clickwheel, then you just choose the album you want as normal on the ipod (we've wired ours into the glovebox) then you use the controls on the h/u to change track. Best way of using 'em imo. They also pause the ipod when you turn you ignition or stereo off and resume when you turn in back on. 8)

WICKED NEWS!!!
I don't like the idea of playlists in all honesty mate.
Mine will be going into the glovebox too. Thinking of getting a sock type case that'll accept my hard case & using some strong velcro to hold it to the side of the GB ;)

WICKED NEWS!!!
I don't like the idea of playlists in all honesty mate.
Mine will be going into the glovebox too. Thinking of getting a sock type case that'll accept my hard case & using some strong velcro to hold it to the side of the GB ;)

Yeah i definetly recommend these, i tend to select all tracks of a particular artist and then i can flick through the tracks of all the albums using the controls on the stereo as i drive along... A worthwhile purchase... :)

Yeah i definetly recommend these, i tend to select all tracks of a particular artist and then i can flick through the tracks of all the albums using the controls on the stereo as i drive along... A worthwhile purchase... :)

Thanks for the tips Mart ;)

Was it a pain to fit?

tbh I'd change the standard stereo in the ctr coz the sounds is really crap. even on standard speakers a 50 quid 2nd hand sony will make you feel like you're in a concert room compared to the OEM stereo.

38 reviews and 4.5 stars cant go wrong for £44.98 :eek:

P0131940_C0000262_P0000000.jpg

Features:
  • CD/MP3/VCD/DVD/MP4 compatible
  • USB/SD/MMC Card input
  • Video output via a suitable display (composite video output)
  • Electronic Anti-shock mechanism
  • Intro/Repeat/Random playback
  • AM/FM Reciever with 30 preset memory
  • Electronic Volume Control
  • Card size full function remote control included
  • 50W x 4 Internal Amplifier
  • Removeable front panel for security
http://www.ebuyer.com/product/131940

I know I said I wouldn't change the Head unit but if was going to take dash apart for lead, may aswell change it.

The stock changer wouldn't work then but who needs it when you have mp3/ipod connections. I do have an old Sony mp3 changer, but that defeats the object having an ipod.

Thinking a silver head unit would look best in the ctr? What you think? Guessing there aren't many silver one's about.

Just don't want it to stand out too much

http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/bla...3.html?cadid=c4067a0ae8bb8e1e55315cd4590c65a6

First thing I came across, bluetooth phone idea is cool. Stereo's seem cheap compared to a few years ago.

http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/pioneer-dehp6000ub-p-6312.html

Or this

Want one that's easy to use, not with 1000 buttons and settings on it either.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just noticed the civic stereo isn't square so would need and adapter.

Had one for the bravo, stereo didn't quite fit properely because of it.

hmm

Thanks for the tips Mart ;)

Was it a pain to fit?

No Lee, it was easy. After fitting the wire for the Dension to the stereo, it pretty much hangs out of the back of the centre console, so you can get hold of it and feed round to the back of the glovebox. There is also a "control box" that you get with the dension (it's only 10cm long and about 2cm thick) i stuck this to the back of the glovebox with some sticky fixers. The i drilled a small hold into the back of the glovebox to feed the wire through to were the ipod will live. Only took about 15 min to fit, happy days.... :)

No Lee, it was easy. After fitting the wire for the Dension to the stereo, it pretty much hangs out of the back of the centre console, so you can get hold of it and feed round to the back of the glovebox. There is also a "control box" that you get with the dension (it's only 10cm long and about 2cm thick) i stuck this to the back of the glovebox with some sticky fixers. The i drilled a small hold into the back of the glovebox to feed the wire through to were the ipod will live. Only took about 15 min to fit, happy days.... :)

Good times mate ;)
Thank you once again for the tips.
I don't think I'll drill a hole, I might see if I can utilise the AC feed hole in the back of the GB.

Treat might have to wait till March, got a couple of big spends months coming unfortunately :rolleyes:

I will pop a thread up when I tackle this.

Back