• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

is 3" too big?

Hi all

When i picked my car up the previous owner had replaced the b pipe with a custom 3" silenced part. I've now put a spoon n1 back box on the car and get no rasp at all, more of a deep noise. Now i want to know if the 3" b pipe is too large when mated to a spoon n1 and a standard manifold. am i better off buying a spoon b pipe and will this bring back some raspy?

Thanks

steve

Last edited by a moderator:
Spoon B pipe on a Spoon N1 is very loud, even with the standard manifold. M2 Racing do a silenced 60mm B pipe that would keep the noise down a bit but still give a similar note to the Spoon pipe.

do you think either of these will be much different to a custom 3" silenced b pipe? and by your answer am i assuming 3" is to large or am i best of keeping what i have? i just fancy more rasp!

3" I would have thought would have been fine really, but like you said, they can be a bit deeper. You could always get the silencer chopped out and make it an un-silenced as a bit of an experiment!

haha i would love to try that but it would be way to loud. i drive around 120 miles each day and its loud enough as it is hahaha. i just thought the spoon system was meant to be more raspy is all. maybe if i get the manifold and mapped it may rasp up a bit

If you really want rasp, 3 inch unsilenced b pipe and oem back box will do the trick.
I found the spoon N1 only to be slightly raspy up top anyway with either a silenced or unsilenced b pipe.
Very loud unsilenced though - cold starts are fun :p

You only need 3 inch piping for high spec N/A builds or boosted

Thanks for that, i thought 3" was a bit to big. The cars almost standard. the only mods on it are the 3" b pipe, spoon n1 back box and AEM v2 induction kit. am i best off getting a 2.5" b pipe? and would it make it more or less raspy :twisted:

i don't want to waste money so if removing the cats going to be more effective ill just wait until I can afford a remap

Back