• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

DC2 DB8 DC5 Is 70k too much mileage for purchasing a DC5?

Cheers Dotty as it is the same engine as the EP3 i guess just look out for the usuall oil levels, valve clearances etc.

It is a better engine than the EP3 ;)

But yes it is just the usual to look out for mate.

Id imagine alot of them have been converted to mph so probably wont bother calculating what the difference would be so actually have done less.

87k on my DC2 when i got it.

Now on nearly 92k and after having it properly checked the other day they reckoned it was absolutely fine.

Id imagine alot of them have been converted to mph so probably wont bother calculating what the difference would be so actually have done less.

I never understand why importers don't convert these properly. Mines been completely converted and reads 52,000 miles. This is obviously miles and not km. Otherwise my ten year old car would have only done 32000 miles, which is a little unbelievable.

as long as its been maintained as per manufactures instructions then engines will cruise past double that

Morning Nick,

when you mention other stuff; what in particular?

Alright mate,

Nothing specific pal, it was just a general statement really.

Modern engines are over enginered to the point now where they will outlast most other parts of the car. Gearbox's, clutch's, damper's, things like that will fail beofre the engine.

Not that you would get these problems with the DC5, the DC5 is much like the EP3 in being a tough cookie.

The clutch is going to be the only thing that might need changing at this mileage. Check the response of the pedal and the biting point. If the pedal feels stiff or if the biting point is quite high, it's a good indication that the clutch is on it's way out.

You're looking at around £500 to have a new clutch fitted, so haggle accordingly.

When I say the only thing that might need changing, I'm obviously taking other consumables such as tyres and brake pads as a given.

Back