• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Is an induction kit really worth it?

hi
im looking at getting more bhp from my honda civic ep3 is a induction kit really worth the money? i have been looking at the itg
can i just get a new manifold,exhaust and get a hondata?

Not any noticeable difference on it's own, though together with the other mods you mention yes. :cool:

I can honestly say I noticed a difference just from an ITG Maxogen and Spoon B-Pipe when I just had those mods fitted!!

gruppe M - power gains on its own = minimal if any, but roars like fcuk :twisted:
So imo worth every penny, looking like a c u next thursday when engaging vtec :lol::lol:

The question you've really got to ask yourself is are all of those mods really worth it?

You're looking at the best part of 1.5-2K there for 20bhp max? That's with the Hondata and a good pro tune.

You're looking at the best part of 1.5-2K there for 20bhp max? That's with the Hondata and a good pro tune.

So true.

You have to ask yourself if your going to go FI (Forced Induction) for proper gains or your going to spend twice as much for a stroked NA motor.

IMO on NA cars like this your better off not hoping for big power, your better going for experinace and the fun of it all.

IIRC GruppeM does give power gains over stock, there was a back to back test with an OEM kit, AEM and something else done on CTRO.

The question you've really got to ask yourself is are all of those mods really worth it?

So worth it, it transforms the car.

Ive just ordered a J's carbon at huge cost, prob wont be worth it in the long run, but should help with all the other mods!

Ive just ordered a J's carbon at huge cost, prob wont be worth it in the long run, but should help with all the other mods!
how much did you pay for the J's intake ? i just brought one myself , Mark @ Sumo did me a good price especially with the exchange rates right now

so could i get a supercharger for my car with out all the other things?
or would you have to replace these things even if you get the supercharger because that is what i really want?

so could i get a supercharger for my car with out all the other things?
or would you have to replace these things even if you get the supercharger because that is what i really want?

You need most of what you would already have, as in a full exhaust system, race mani, K-pro and induction of some sort.

S/C kit is like 3K alone!!

dude i know your new and i appreciate your getting excited about your new type r.

but use the FVCKING search button.

Read through as many different topics as you can (including looking after the civic etc), look at peoples dyno charts, look at what peoples opinions are on certain mods etc, read what you need to buy, read what to buy if your on a budget, read about what you need if you want to buy a supercharger, read what cost implications youll have including insurance and a limited slip, read and then gauge if you can really afford it, read and then gauge if thats what you really want.

Dont just start asking lots of questions, we are not your personal fact finding bitches, do some of the work on your own. Youve done this a few times now.

Look i genuinely would like to see you go and get your civic charged, but just because youve seen one on a forum somewhere or on youtube doesnt mean that a lot and i mean a lot of time, effort, patience and cold hard cash hasnt gone into it. Im not implying you cant afford it, but i am suggesting you brush up on your knowledge of the car itself before thinking your ready to charge. Im doing the same thing and i have a quite a modified car. Im nowhere near ready to charge in terms of knowledge, so i come on, ask relevant questions to people in the know if i need them but most of all i READ.

**edit:

I mean mate, "is an induction kit really worth it?" then saying you want to charge:evil:

p.s. actually getting on quite well with the missus

Last edited by a moderator:
That would have sounded all the more impressive if your avitar wasn't blackadder with pencils up his nose and pants on his head... (I think)

Image1-1.jpg

Sometimes I just can't take you seriously, no offence!! :lol:

Good point well made though, search is your friend.

That would have sounded all the more impressive if your avitar wasn't blackadder with pencils up his nose and pants on his head... (I think)

Image1-1.jpg

Sometimes I just can't take you seriously, no offence!! :lol:

Good point well made though, search is your friend.

dude i dont mind, i dont want to be taken too seriously. Its one of my lifes mottos, ill worry about all that shizzle when im old. As long as he gets my point thats cool.

Blackadder FTW

Back