• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Is EP3 standard radio aerial plug DIN?

Just a simple question: I am curious to find out if a previous owner had changed the plug on the aerial lead which goes into the back of the radio. When I got the car it had a Pioneer HU that often went blank when you pressed a button.

I bought a fascia bundled with an adaptor off a well known auction site. The adaptor provided was ISO to DIN. The fascia is a poor fit (filed it a bit already, could do with more) and a bad colour match, but that is another story. I need ISO for my old Alpine unit.

Had my car already been altered or do these kits simply contain the wrong adaptor?

Since Funky's ice guide link no longer works, I don't know what is (was?) in it. I did learn one thing at the weekend which could potentially be of use to someone else:

If you are running speaker cable from an amp in the boot, down the centre console, around footwell and to crossovers towards the back of the door, 5m is not quite enough to allow for a bit of freedom at each end.

IMO about five and a half to six metres would be better. I bought ten metres of 16swg and ended up mounting my amp vertically as a compromise (left a bit of extra in the door as I wasn't sure if it could move slightly over time as the door is opened / closed). I guess that where the power / RCA / speaker connections are on an amp vary by manufacturer, though. I used an old Alpine.

Given that you'll also need the best part of a metre from each crossover back to the mid, IMO you need six and a half to seven metres per side plus whatever extra you need from the crossover to the tweeter (I didn't bother with 16swg for the tweeter, the wire attached to it was thinner and I used similar gauge).

Last edited by a moderator:
Back