• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FN2 is it worth getting light weight flywheel with clutch change?

As above guys, on fn2 type r, just booked in at grinspeed, thinking of having lightened fly wheel fitted while it's off, just wondering If it's worth it, cheers

Depends, some people don't like them as they can be hard work around traffic etc due to the revs dropping a lot quicker.

Hmmm, not sure what to do, be good to hear from someone who's done this mod already and see what they think.

Eventually yeah, so far Ive just done the Hondata airbox mod and put a k&n panel filter in, plan on exhaust next then remap from tdi north's.

If I had the money and was getting the clutch changed id go for it, unless you have enough money to extend to an LSD get that instead of flywheel will make much more positive difference :lol:

Can't really afford lsd yet, I'm getting it fitted at grinspeed in Leyland, not sure what make the flywheel.

I'm thinking of the exact same mods, Fidanza 3.6kg flywheel and a performance clutch. Did you get them fitted? If so, please share.

Mate the guys at Grinspeed are Mfactory authorised dealers. If they are getting to the clutch you may aswell have the Mfactory flywheel fitted too. My car is supercharged so didn't notice too much difference but i think it's just under 1kg lighter than oem one and on spinning mass it's a good upgrade! I had my gearbox, flywheel an clutch done at Grinspeed too.. Brilliant service and job!

Couple of pics of the job for ya!

616cfbcdc2e938c6dd0162d8c1b9d6c4.jpg

d62d229b4baec1508691283fb4d30fc6.jpg

Old flywheel

84cc72a1f760082a887c497b8a9ffcbd.jpg

New one installed

Job well done!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
Back