• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Is it worth it

I have a ep3 type r as a spare car.

I don't know whether to sell it on or turn it into a full on track car.

It's been in the family for 8yrs and has been amazingly reliable.
A police car hit the drivers door but cut a long story short it is now a cat c on a 52 plate

If I was to track it I would want it to run 250bhp + or even maybe a super charge kit.
However the engine is on 122k miles so is it worth modding or should I sell it on.

Think I would struggle to get 2.5k for it so this is why I thought about modding it.

What's your thoughts
What would I have to do to get that power and what are the costs
Thanks

To get that power you could easy fling in the value of the car then some if you keep it N/A so really it depends how rich you are haha but it would make really good fun and at the end I would say its worth it for the amount of fun you will get.

I know what your saying but also probably not a good idea to spend Alot of money on a high mileage car.
I know they are good engines but how much power could you run through a high mileage engine.

Was also thinking of maybe buying a type r that's already supercharged and has all the right bits and I could part ex my car towards it.

A few options but as it's going to be 100% track car then I think with the mileage so high I would expect troubles

I know a lad with a k20 running over 260bhp and the engines done over 200k miles. I wouldn't let the milage put you off mate.

As long as the engine has been serviced regularly, very well maintained. I wouldn't worry about the miles.

As they say. It's only a ticking numbers. :D

Back