• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

DC2 DB8 DC5 Is silver rare ?

Been after either a dc5 or ep3 for ages, didnt fit in the dc5 (seats too narrow) but just found out that ep3 seats will fit in the dc5 straight in, and you can lower the seat with a different bracket aswell.

Which means i will fit in one!!

However I only really like the silver or white dc5's. Theres none for sale in the UK ? All are sold and incredibly rare it would seem. There are lots of white ones but I live in Cornwall, it rains alot and everywhere is muddy due to farming so the car will get dirty every time I use it... :evil:

Seriously though, I think it was one of the C-pack colours, so since most Japs didn't shell out for the extra, not many are around. :smt023

No such thing as a C Pack colour.

I'm sure I'd read on here that there were only certain colours that came as an option with the C-pack.

Must be getting confused with the EP3s or something. :confused:

Silver and red are the rarest colours, Champ white being most common :D

I read somewhere that the CW with red seat combo was the most common for the Japanese consumer as it symbolises the Japanese flag - could be a myth.

There was a very cheap silver one for sale on the DC5 forum recently. EP3 recaros will bolt straight in, and there is a bloke at the minute looking to swap his recaro seats for a set of DC5 ones.

The DC5 is a better car all day long. (but take a look at JDM EP3's)

I'm sure I'd read on here that there were only certain colours that came as an option with the C-pack.

Must be getting confused with the EP3s or something. :confused:

All C pack is, is the level of trim. You get folding mirrors, a rear wiper and privacy glass. Parcel shelf, wind deflectors, start button silver trim round the vents and other things were then optional extras, which you could add to a B spec.

You could get a DC5 in any colour regardless of trim level, but as Dotty says, Championship White if far more common than any other colour. Silver was the least popular.

Silver and red are the rarest colours, Champ white being most common :D

I read somewhere that the CW with red seat combo was the most common for the Japanese consumer as it symbolises the Japanese flag - could be a myth.

There was a very cheap silver one for sale on the DC5 forum recently. EP3 recaros will bolt straight in, and there is a bloke at the minute looking to swap his recaro seats for a set of DC5 ones.

The DC5 is a better car all day long. (but take a look at JDM EP3's)

I have found that certain interior colours are rarer than others also. For example there seem to be more arctic blue models with blue interior then there are with black.

Back