• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FN2 Is the cw type r worth the 2k extra?

found 1 with 1500 miles on it for 17500 price ok?is it worth the extra or should i save 2 k and get a red one?

If you want a white one get one, if not just get a red one and fit an LSD.

dont see the point myself unless you are going to track day the car. Then I have to ask why would you spend 17-18k on a track day civic, Caterham 7 all the way and pocket the change!!

crazy crazy money..i just bought a brand new one from dealer a month ago and got it for 15.5 cash. just go bargin with them they need sales

From a financial point of view. This is how my CTR GT ended up being funded.

£4,900 loan left on my existing car, which was also the book trade-in value. They gave me £2,400 on top of that (so they basically gave me £7,200 for the car).

£2,500 down payment from my own pocket.

Total was worked out as £4,900 paid down on the car (ie my contribution, and the excess they valued my car).

Total to be financed was £10,000. Meaning the discounted OTR price for the car ended up being £14,900.

The £10,000 I 'owe' was then financed over 3 years on their Assurance scheme, and I end up paying £213 pm, and a balloon payment at the end if I want to keep it (although with the low mileage I do, the extra value will go on the next car I get in all likelihood).

dont see the point myself unless you are going to track day the car. Then I have to ask why would you spend 17-18k on a track day civic, Caterham 7 all the way and pocket the change!!

I disagree, my LSD is kicking in all the time and I know from experience of friends with DC5's etc that theirs does too. It all depends on how hard you drive your car and what type of roads you drive on. If its motorway cruising then you're right, there is no point but if its a lot of B road blasts you'd be surprised how good it is to have LSD.

A Caterham is an awesome bit of kit but then maybe the chap needs a daily driver with track potential?

I personally like the FN2 in CW, it makes it stand out just that little bit more to make it special. not sure whether I'd pay an extra 2k for it though...

Back